Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Talktalk Broadband - Fail !  (Read 3354 times)

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Talktalk Broadband - Fail !
« on: December 23, 2015, 10:47:56 pm »

Hey! I'm finally back on-line at home!!!! 

Some may know I work in I.T.  and even I can't believe the stokingly poor service TalkTalk is providing.

Highlights:
They have changed the type routers they send to
customers but haven't told any of their existing users nor checked with me
Took 7 days to realize my problem was
router  that the faulty.
Call 'closed' 4 times because I didn't ring them back!
I held my patience for 6 days then 'lost it'  on the phone yesterday when they told me they needed to send me a replacement router but it will take 3 to 5 days - 2 days before Christmas! I didn't take this news too well and told them a few 'home truths!'
Today, 20 minute conversation and all they had to say was 'there is no new update to my fault!'

So short cutting the system, I found the 'correct' router on fleaBay, £30 quid, picked it up this evening, fitted and back on-line in less than 12 minutes!

......  Talktalk have one hell of a complaint coming their way.

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
Re: Talktalk Broadband - Fail !
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 11:00:43 pm »

Even when they stared out in their funny every customer can be a shareholder/sales rep for them, they seemed dodgy Martin. I don't doubt they have happy customers,  but I have not heard any good of them.

Pond weed is your enemy

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 08:35:15 am »

I don't think that BT are much better. When my HH5 router went feet up they promised a new one but nothing came. Repeated several times before they finally told me that although they had stock for new customers they did not have any stock available for replacements. After much gnashing of teeth I finally got one from new customer stock - or at least that is what they told me.

It seems to me that as long as nothing goes wrong they are all OK but when there are problems they are hopeless. I guess if we want better service then we will have to pay Zen prices but even then you are still relying on Openreach for some problems if you have a BT line connection..

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2015, 09:36:59 am »

You get the same stories with most providers.  Name any one, google that name with "service complaint" in the search phrase, you will be rewarded with a lot of truth from the customers that the people running the company don't want to know about.  Service to existing customers impinges on profit.  New customers look good for the shareholders report that determines the bonus paid to the CEO.
This year I've had two service company problems. 
One was the Lancashire water contamination problem which should not have happened but did and I eventually got a refund. 
The other was the Talktalk security scare which stopped me checking my account for a few weeks (but did not stop them sending a bill).  The "compensation" was 3 "offers".  One was for a couple of months of a tariff that I am already on (offer vanished when checked on the talktalk site), the other two varied between useless and unwanted, but both were a lead-in to later inertia selling.  Probably someone, having been presented with a pile of manure, trying to grow roses.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2015, 12:24:47 pm »

Well...our WEB owner Martin can use the words ......'the type routers' ......however if I used the same phrase whilst describing our OZ version of BT called TELSTRA Australia ...I would be banned from MBM [again] but for life........

Words cannot express my feelings toward our national telecommunications  >>:-( thing  <*<, nor the Governmental watch dog Authority called the Telecommunications Industry 'Obvendbiousmen'

Some bloke in Queensland by the name of Derek Warner has fiddeled his account with TELSTRA so all of his unpaid bills are sent to Derek L Warner Pty Ltd in Wollongong NSW  <:(..........three official lodgements against TELSTRA with the TIO just fall on deaf ears

I think Pete Townsends words of a 'deaf, dumb & blind boy named Tommy' make more sense than the TIO......need I say more?.. Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

inertia

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2015, 01:42:17 pm »

I think that's really 'Ombudsman'.  https://www.tio.com.au/  I believe the origin of the word is Swedish - maybe they have a lot of things to complain about in Sweden.
There doesn't seem to be any aspect of the public or private sectors in the UK these days which doesn't have its own ombudsman.
The question is if you have a complaint about an ombudsman then where do you take it? O, no! I should have guessed... http://www.ombudsmanassociation.org/about.php

The more I know the less I seem to understand...
DM

Mark T

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2015, 03:24:36 pm »

Martin here's the email address of Ms Dido Harding CEO TalkTalk

dido.harding@talktalkplc.com

:-))

tony23

• Full Mayhemer
  • IOM, Marblehead Yachts
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2015, 03:32:13 pm »

to be honest Martin for an IT guy it's hard to beleive your using Talktalk they have the worst after sales service when you googlr them, use overseas call centres they bought out AOL in the UK and AOL never told anybody till they noticed bad line connections etc.

Cornishman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2015, 03:58:06 pm »

I cannot complain at all about Talktalk.My fibre broadband has been 100% reliable for many years. Talktalk have also given me 50% discount on the fibre and also given me free anytime calls recently.  Currently paying £7.50 per month plus line rental and getting just under 50Mbps speed.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2015, 04:55:31 pm »

Martin here's the email address of Ms Dido Harding CEO TalkTalk

dido.harding@talktalkplc.com

Really?!  - I'm going to try that! 
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Mark T

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2015, 04:57:23 pm »

Really?!  - I'm going to try that! 

Yep Really  ok2   Let us know how you get on - If your gonna complain always go to the top!

grendel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2015, 05:18:15 pm »

we had this, just after the local BT box went to Fibre optic, we suddenly went from a decent 5m speed to a rubbish 50kb/s (slower than a modem). after many calls to BT they agreed to send an engineer out, but it would cost us if it turned out to be an internal fault (already checked by plugging directly into the bt socket with the faceplate removed.
Openreach engineer came out, told us  we had the old style wall socket - not rated for broadband - replaced this. our modem was not compatible with the new fibre system (replaced with brand new bt router free of charge as it was due to their upgrade to fibre optic, plus diagnosed and repaired 3 faults on the line from the BT box to the house - all this after 4 calls to the BT helpdesk that all said it was an internal fault in the house - each time escalated to a higher manager after they tried taking us through the same diagnostics each call, one even told me to unplug the phone while I was on the line to him, and could not understand that would terminate the phone call.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 22 queries.