Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 200A Toro Beast esc not working  (Read 2257 times)

xrad

• Full Mayhemer
  • Keeper of the Sun Dried Tomato
200A Toro Beast esc not working
« on: January 03, 2016, 12:54:03 am »

OK, first major setback.  Toro beast is not working.        Says "passed inspection" on bottom cover....hmmmm

Started low with a fully charged 4s.  Was able to see the esc on my computer using SkyLINK. actually a nice program which you have to unbox with and .rar decoder ring. I used open knife 7 or something similar.

Double checked all hookups and polarity.  Servo works.Anyway, hooked up everything .  I was able to set neutral, full th, and full reverse endpoints, and then nothing. 

Changed out battery packs, changed out rx and tx. still nothing more than a sputter out of the motor. anyone else have this issue?

xrad

• Full Mayhemer
Re: 200A Toro Beast esc not working
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 09:48:51 pm »

Martin, this can be moved to "brushless" section, just saw it....thx!

xrad

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 10:45:25 pm »

problem solved.

Stavros

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 10:49:52 pm »

Well come on tel us don't keep us in suspense

Dave

xrad

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2016, 10:26:35 pm »

Ooops, just saw your post! This is my main thread on the build:

http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,53492.0.html

POST #13
The guys in RCGroups helped me out.NO, can't use SKYRC laptop interface version 2.08 which stinks because it has awesome GUI's and boost timing 0-60 degrees! Had to load 1.08 off the toro site which worked fine.

Except no direct motor timing available on v 1.08! 'Timing' is through a 'turbo/boost' section which apparently does not directly relate to timing (in degrees). Data logging worked fine. I did a cutoff voltage adjust down to 16v, and reloaded the ESC. then the motor ran fine on 8s, and cuts off on 4s voltage as it should.

The 2.08 version is very nice, but I would have to find a firmware upgrade for the ESC! then load this on my laptop and then load to esc, and make sure it works with the v 2.08.  For now, I will leave as is... 

Pic is of v 2.08 gui which is very slick and colorful and cool...as opposed to boring old v1.08 , which is the opposite....  see in the bottom right of the pic hidden behind task bar "fail try again..." I did not see this at first because it was partly hidden!   

In case anyone interested, it has a Silabs c8051f410 smart clock. Anyone install their own programming into one of these? Pic of pin connector below..Pretty clean control board design. The upper heat sink is buried at the bottom of the box and does NOT touch the box sides. The lower fets have an isolation pad (which is likely a heat transfer pad, between fet board bottom and bottom of red aluminum containing box.  water proof gasket between cover and red box and rubber grommets at all holes....so any additional cooling will be indirect, such as adding water cooled plate to box bottom....
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 21 queries.