Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi all  (Read 1667 times)

xm607

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Hi all
« on: January 14, 2016, 07:28:32 am »

Hello am Steve from Retford and I am new on this forum, since I was a boy I have just made models of what I fancy cars, trucks, boats and model railways (now in three scales) from whatever including plastic kits, my first serious boat was a wooden Leander frigate in 1/148 scale by PBM in the 1970's, the last was the proposed stealth frigate Sea wraith ii again in balsa in 1/148 using plans expanded from a card kit to 1/400.

Recently I have had pleasure and some satisfaction from acquiring unfinished / started kits from fleebay getting them built, finished off and working, these include a Deans Liberty ship as the SS Richard Montgomery, RAF Fire float(Aero kits) Billing Bent, Smit London, Smit Nederland and a Grupner Paddle tug, usually sold off when interest in them and storage has run out. The last full boat kit completed was the old Caldercraft Ryhope tug, and I would like the Volcano again by Caldercraft to add to my present collection.

In the past I have shown my model boats at the B.N.N.R.S. model rail show at Retford,  my model boats were on the grand piano in the main hall if any one has been to it, i tend to go from one thing to another and then there's my MGF Trophy 160se, Oh yes.

Steve S.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Hi all
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 12:08:19 pm »

Hey Steve,

Welcome to the Mayhem!

( Caution! Forum slippery in icy conditions! )

Love to see some photos of your boats!   :-))

Martin
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Unsinkable 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 04:20:37 pm »

Hello Steve and welcome to Mayhem.

Sounds like you are a modeller through and through..... I second what Martin says, get some photos on here. The questions when you post disappear soon........ U2
It'll look better when it's finished!

xm607

• Shipmate
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 08:25:32 am »

I shall try to get some photos on here but my windows 10 computer is not playing ball!!!
Steve.

xm607

• Shipmate
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2016, 08:33:08 am »

Just remembered this album, its the Sea Wraith ii which I described in the magazine some time ago!

http://www.modelboats.co.uk/albums/member_albums.asp?c=3085

Steve.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 22 queries.