Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Now that was a waste of a day!  (Read 1566 times)

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
Now that was a waste of a day!
« on: January 19, 2016, 01:27:06 pm »

Just driven a round trip of close on 140 kilometres to 3 model shops in three cities over here. Not one of them has 9.6v batteries for transmitters. One of these shops only sells radio controlled models, cars and helicopters!

God knows how the Spanish modellers get their gear but I certainly can't source any as the above mileage shows. Looks like I'm back to ordering online and I could really have done with it this week to sort out some servos I need to centre before install.

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
Re: Now that was a waste of a day!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 02:16:44 pm »

Did you not phone first ?. the distance you have just driven would have paid for the postage ,

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 02:21:06 pm »

If you have to order online I suggest try Component Shop.  I once had difficulty getting a Tx battery for a Robbe/Futaba F14.  They knew exactly what was required, and even fitted a matching connector for the PC board for it, without extra charge.  They are very quick on dispatch, and should even get it to you in Spain fairly quickly too.
HMS Skirmisher (1905), HMS Amazon (1906), HMS K9 (1915), Type 212A (2002), HMS Polyphemus (1881), Descartes (1897), Iggle Piggle boat (CBBC), HMS Royal Marine (1943), HMS Marshall Soult, HMS Agincourt (1912)

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 04:07:34 pm »

Did you not phone first ?. the distance you have just driven would have paid for the postage ,

Nope. When you are only given general directions because someone knows there is one in the area, but has no idea of its name etc, all you can do it drive, park the car and look around. As it is one of them seems to be a large outlet for model stuff in Spain, I checked their national website and although they list loads of stuff for r/c equipment, they do not stock batteries, weird huh?
If you have to order online I suggest try Component Shop.  I once had difficulty getting a Tx battery for a Robbe/Futaba F14.  They knew exactly what was required, and even fitted a matching connector for the PC board for it, without extra charge.  They are very quick on dispatch, and should even get it to you in Spain fairly quickly too.

I've done that this afternoon. Now its a case of will it appear in 3 days or 3 weeks, either option can happen when it comes to the Spanish postal service.

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 04:48:33 pm »

Hope it gets thru the Spanish postal system quickly.  Component Shop do ship orders very quickly.

PS:  thanks for the tip on enamelled wire.
HMS Skirmisher (1905), HMS Amazon (1906), HMS K9 (1915), Type 212A (2002), HMS Polyphemus (1881), Descartes (1897), Iggle Piggle boat (CBBC), HMS Royal Marine (1943), HMS Marshall Soult, HMS Agincourt (1912)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 21 queries.