Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Parcel delivery Companies .................UGH  (Read 6129 times)

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Parcel delivery Companies .................UGH
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2016, 09:36:53 am »

Touch wood, around here I've never had a problem with any of them, but I have noticed a couple of times that somebody in line seems to be getting a bit over eager - early delivery shouldn't be a gripe, but it can be. 
I had an item ordered and paid the extra for "preferred day delivery".  It was sent super urgent for next day delivery so as to arrive on a day when I couldn't be there to receive it rather than the preferred day.  Fortunately I got wind of it before setting off because they kept me up to date by email, and managed to contact the local depot who arranged for the driver to call at my place at the end of his run.  The senders customer service could not comprehend that when somebody has paid extra to not have a package delivered on a specific day, it is not an achievement to aim for that day.  But that is the sender.
The other was Amazon Logistics - they excelled themselves by delivering a parcel that "should" have arrived today according to their email, on Friday.  Luckily my neighbour was in and the driver tried.  Damn fast delivery, though.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

tony23

• Full Mayhemer
  • IOM, Marblehead Yachts
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2016, 10:14:06 am »

I was busy refurbishing a work force agency office a while back in Stratford, East London every morning 2 minibus loads of agency (day workers) were driven to Stratfords Post Office Distribution Centre to work for pitance on a day rate sorting parcels I'll never post through Parcel2Go again. There is a standard with UPS that the others just cannot get close to look into a UPS delivery van next time you see one there all racked out with parcels on shelves that's what you pay fro not some fella with a van subbing work from the couriers. When City Link went skint a while back it turned out all there Green/Yellow vans were franchised so anybody with enough money could but a fleet of vans have CityLink all over them and it looked like they was owned and ran by the Company ,not so!   

grendel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2016, 12:34:15 pm »

I have seen a UPS delivery driver climbing on parcels in his van to get to one stacked on the top shelf.

lakesidebob

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2016, 12:59:24 pm »

At the end of the day,it just depends on the person who handles your parcel,their character make up,attitude,education even,whether a caring type,but in our rammed,over populated,rat race country lots of frustration are built up.Just a thought..

BFSMP

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2016, 02:31:50 pm »

As for Myhermes which a lot of members on this site tend to recommend, I would look at the customer complaints about them on facebook.

Quite startling that their customer service department seem to just brush aside complaints willy nilly.

Jim.
life is like arranging deck chairs on the Titanic!

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2016, 09:31:20 am »

Actually getting the package is the hard part. I'm waiting delivery of a jiffy bag from Hobbyshop, they posted it out on 24 hour delivery as that is what I asked for.

THIRTEEN DAYS LATER I'm still waiting for it to arrive! That is the postal system in Spain. I could have walked from Holland to Spain in that time :((
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 22 queries.