Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RC Bait Boat Project, Help Needed  (Read 1754 times)

barnzy11

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
RC Bait Boat Project, Help Needed
« on: February 07, 2016, 07:40:53 pm »

Hi there,  I am new to the forum (although I have been lurking for a while) so I will start by introducing myself.. My name is Dan and I have acquired an old bait boat off of a work friend that needs bringing back to life, I  have a few issues I am having trouble with so im really hoping you guys  can help me out. The motor side of things all works and I have just spent some time realigning the rudder to central position as it was out and forward and reverse are also working perfectly I just need to water test for piece of mind but my work friend assures me it all works in the water so for now I am taking his word for it.

I am having a little bit of trouble in trying to think of a way round the trap door on the back of the boat that will release boilies as its broke, its not majorly important as I have two side hoppers that are working perfectly fine but would love to get the rear one working again too if I can.  There is a steel rod that goes through the door and the plastic kind of tube it sits in has snapped off one end, no biggie there as I still have the piece of plastic and I can glue that on, the other end however seems to be a little metal bracket that is also broke and not a lot left remaining to salvage, I need to come up with something for the rod to be held in that will also allow it to spin freely when the door is released, does anyone have any ideas in what I could use/do? Is there anything similar I could buy like the rod set? I have tried looking on google but haven’t got a clue how to word what I am looking for  L.

Another question I have is, the hull is all made of plastic, I will be repainting all this in due course but I have a number of splits etc is it possible for me to glue these with glue then sand down? If so what type of glue would I need? Or is there a better way of repairing?

I will post pictures up in separate post as they are on my phone.

Thank you in advance, really hope with your help I can get this boat back up and running with a new lease of life J

barnzy11

• Shipmate
Re: RC Bait Boat Project, Help Needed
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 07:48:04 pm »

I just need to figure out how to make my image on my phone smaller so I can upload to here,  so will try to get them up soon as I can 

barnzy11

• Shipmate
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 08:53:53 pm »

Figured it out here are some pics of the back flap and of the boat itself

barnzy11

• Shipmate
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 08:56:29 pm »

Figured it out here are some pics of the back flap and of the boat itself
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 22 queries.