Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anybody need any tyne class detail photos/ measurements?  (Read 4195 times)

110samec

• Full Mayhemer
Anybody need any tyne class detail photos/ measurements?
« on: February 10, 2016, 09:20:21 pm »

In work (Holyhead Marine Services) I am currently involved with taking the old Detroit diesels out of the Douglas lifeboat RNLB sir William Hillary to replace with new ones as well as other repair jobs that need doing.

Anybody need any images whilst I have access to the boat? Thought I'd offer on here
"Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws" - Douglas Adams

110samec

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Anybody need any tyne class detail photos/ measurements?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 11:36:19 pm »

Heres the boat, got the pics from the work website. Here she is being lifted out (Im on the port side)

Once she was transferred into the shed, parked next to a p2000

"Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws" - Douglas Adams

17-09

• Full Mayhemer
  • Do it nice or do it twice !
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 09:28:51 am »

Hi 110samecWhat a great offer, especially if anyone is building one, there is always that one piece of information missing from any research/build.
going slightly off piste, your caption re the P2000 HMS Express will certainly promote some reaction from some regular contributors to this forum as well as MMI magazine. Just to say that quite a number of discussions were raised several months ago on mayhem about this way of now describing the class as P2000,s instead of the original P20 name of these vessels.( P 20metre coastal training craft as opposed to P 2000 centimetre coastal training craft. It's like numbering the Severn class as 1700-09
Back to your original post, I am sure you will need to get your tape and camera out quite a few times with this offer.
Kind regards   17-09  :-))

BFSMP

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 09:47:46 am »

As each and every one of these beautiful boats are slowly taken out of service due to the new Shannon Boat, and she becomes an Historical lifeboat class, I think that more and more people will want to build one as a keepsake for their own collection and what a superb offer you have made.

Keep the Tyne in memory both in photographs and models. I know from what friends have said to me, 47-038 is certainly going to be missed when the station gets their new Shannon and so the only way to keep these in view is to build, build, build.

Jim.
life is like arranging deck chairs on the Titanic!

petermun

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 02:48:04 pm »

Have semi-scratch built 47-029, now a Lobster boat in the Irish Sea.   Pete

110samec

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2016, 05:58:43 pm »

Right in the absence of anyone needing photos i took some anyway (ignore the random tools and hobnobs)

The deck bolt heads still to be painted. If any of you are rivet counters, theres 120 of the buggers, I know, I had to bolt them all back in once we re-fitted the hatches

If anyone wants to model a current Douglas lifeboat, she now carries a red hull bottom as it got anti-fouled in the yard but still has a white boot topping

Starspider

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2016, 04:24:54 pm »

Many thanks for taking the pics and posting them. Hope you don't mind but I have copied them as the Tyne is on my list.
thanks colin

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2016, 08:05:30 pm »

I would like to thank you to as I,ve done the same and copied them for when I get round to do my Tyne.

Regards Howard.

JoJoElbe

• kind of lifeboat nerd .... just kind of ...
  • Full Mayhemer
    • modellwerft.spuelsaum.de (german + engl summarys)
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2022, 07:54:29 am »

Hi,even after so many years someone is lucky to find your photos!
I'm waiting for Hull and plan for a tyne class lifebooat to arrive and was looking for some detail photos of that class.Many thanks for posting them! :-)) Best,joerg

Actual: Tyne class + boathouse + slipway
My models:  1:20 Motorlifeboat LÜBECK II (DGzRS), 1:20 Motorlifeboat WILMA SIKORSKI (DGzRS 9,5m), 1:10 Beachlifeboat GESINA (DGzRS 7m), 1:20 Beachlifeboat MAX CARSTENSEN (DGzRS 7m), 1:20 Lifeboat Ponton + more
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 21 queries.