Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: hms hood 1/128  (Read 12624 times)

timmer

• Full Mayhemer
    • Facebook
Re: hms hood 1/128
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2015, 02:44:55 pm »

Thanks joe.

Thats a great idea. That would save a lot of trouble trying to wire new switches in. Ill have a look if its possible (switch location and all) tonight when i finally get out of the office. :-)) :-))

timmer

• Full Mayhemer
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2015, 05:44:42 pm »

A few more pics of my progress. Im trying to get as much done as possible before starting on the dreaded bridge superstructure  {:-{

all will need a good tidy up and paint in the correct colour before i add any of the real detail :-))

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2015, 09:57:57 pm »

Sorry if this has been suggested before, but is the Italeri kit of the Hood accurate enough to give you any references as to the shape of the superstructure decks or are you OK for information?

She's looking good:O)
Pond weed is your enemy

timmer

• Full Mayhemer
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2015, 03:23:14 pm »

I've got the plans which are pretty detailed, also bought a copy of 'anatomy of the ship' which is helping no end. Once I get started it should be ok

timmer

• Full Mayhemer
    • Facebook
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2016, 07:11:27 pm »

As you can see I have not been around since August last year. Unfortunately that means nothing has happened to the build either. I'm afraid to say it doesn't look like anything will any time soon either due to work and family commitments. That said, I just want to put out there that I'm open to offers if someone feels they would like to take over from where I left off. Even if it means just using the 'stuff on the inside' and scraping the rest. Please feel free to drop me a message if your interested. Like I said I'm open to offers. Thanks guys

:-))

Unsinkable 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2016, 08:31:14 pm »

That is so sad. I love HMS Hood  (see my avatar) and would love to carry on your good work..... BUT, (there's always a but) I have something else to finish first and don't live so local either......... Massive shame. I doubt it but once I've finished my current project I'll be back to check if it's still here.

I'd prefer to see you finish it though, it's looking so good.......... It doesn't matter how long!   

Good luck....... U2
It'll look better when it's finished!

timmer

• Full Mayhemer
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2016, 04:23:26 pm »

Ild love to finish her myself but unfortunately since starting I've got a new job, new baby and considerably less spare cash to continue. Ild hate to see her gathering dust in the shed but at the moment that's all that's going to happen.  <:(

SailorGreg

• Full Mayhemer
  • Money talks - it says goodbye
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2016, 04:41:32 pm »

Well, there are plenty of cases of models sitting in a cupboard for 5, 10 or more years then being resurrected and finished.  Of course, your Hood is going to need a pretty big cupboard, which might be an issue - but maybe pop her into the loft in a big plastic bag...?  Shame to let her go if you can possibly hang  on to her.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 22 queries.