Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: hobby king princess  (Read 3387 times)

timgarrod

• Full Mayhemer
    • Alvaston Pirates Model Boat Club
hobby king princess
« on: February 14, 2016, 06:14:16 pm »

Evening All,

Just got a hobby king princess the newer version. can any one recomend a better prop for it.

it say out of the box 40mph but i can see this happening. running with the stock motor and on 4s.

Cheers

canabus

• Full Mayhemer
  • Boats a hole in the water you pour money into!!!
Re: hobby king princess
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 03:36:40 am »

Hi timgarrod
I have a 1000mm off shore racer with a 1450kv motor on 4S with a 40mm 2blade alloy prop(ID 377000011) and I am getting over 40mph.
I also use a 3blade alloy prop (ID 215000032) this gives better low take off but a bit of lost on top end speed.

timgarrod

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 05:23:06 pm »

Thanks Canabus,

will check them out  :-))

boaterjim

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 07:39:51 pm »

Hello Timgarrod, saw your question about princess prop, how is your boat doing ? I have the same boat running on 3s and although she is pretty good, seems to be wayward on answering the rudder its as if the rudder is not big enough, and only turns sharply at the extreme rudder input.
I am a beginner at fast elec boats any ideas and comments appreciated. would fins make it turn better?
regards
Jim

timgarrod

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2016, 08:38:44 pm »

Hi Jim,

i found it would turn ok at about half throttle upwards but any slower it only turns one way with the prop due to the rudder. the servo i had i replaced as found it to be a fake.

cheers

Tim

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 09:36:37 pm »

You will find they only turn well at speed but thats how fast boats are .Turn fins are to help turning at speed as in they stop the hull wanting to slide in the corners.Personally i think your just driving too slow  ok2 just kidding . How big is the rudder? any pics of the setup from the side would be good.
Mart

boaterjim

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2016, 01:38:19 pm »

Hi Mart, the rudder seems to be rather small for the size of boat Its 75mm tall x 20mm wide, but only 50mm is in the water
this does not seem to be large when compared to pictures of similar size boats, have you any comments ?
Jim

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2016, 11:37:19 am »

Is it 50 mm below keel ? if so it should be fine thats pretty normal ,width is a little narrow but im asuming its tapered down to that ? if so it should also be ok so long as you turn with some speed doesnt have to be flat out just dont back off completely.What i like to do is as im coming into a turn is back off a little then as i start the turn i throttle up again and this helps carve the turn better so your accelerating out of the turn.
On My 58" Apaches i have the rudder about 2-2 1/2 " under the keel and they turn pretty well ,as you can see the rudder tapers down also so im assuming similar to what you have ?.

boaterjim

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2016, 05:44:29 pm »

Hi Tim, thanks for the info, next time out I will try to keep the speed up, I think I am backing of on the throttle to much and loosing steerage. A bit more practice and confidence in the boat maybe ?
ill let you know
Jim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 22 queries.