Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vosper 46" Fireboat  (Read 1970 times)

DavidHughes

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Vosper 46" Fireboat
« on: February 19, 2016, 06:34:09 pm »

Evening all

Am toying with the idea of building one of these - I can imagine the groans as its hardly an original subject, but it is a handsome thing and would seem to be a decent size for working on/playing with...
 :-)

Problem is there seems to be loads of versions:

• Deans Marine full kits @ 1:24 - although I fancy getting my hands "dirt" building the hull too
  • Vintage Model Boats wood kit @ !:16 or 1:12 - am I right in thinking that this is effectively a re-release of the old Lesro Aerokits kit?(I remember my dad talking about these!)
  • Online downloadable Keilkraft Eezebilt plans @ 20" long
  • Kitshack kit - which I think is simply a copy of the Aerokits model...although I think they might have gone out of production?
Does anyone have any particular views on any of these to avoid or which are particularly problematic?

Thanks for any input or views anyone may have!

John W E

• I see no ships !!
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Vosper 46" Fireboat
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 06:54:59 pm »

Hi ya David

Don't forget also, there are several Companies who produce a fibre glass hull for this boat.   One of them is Kingston Mouldings.

There is another Company, but I cannot recall the name of them just now.  Riggers24 might know cos I am sure he started making the semi-kit a while ago - see if we can get in touch with him to find out the manufacturer.

Sadly a man who knew everything about these boats HS93, Peter, is now no longer with us.  A big loss to the model boating hobby.

I built the Easy build model of the Fire Float and it is a stand off model.   You have to be careful when downloading the plans, unless they have been altered, cos a couple of amendments were required.

aye
Knowledge begins with respect
But fools hate wisdom and discipline
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 21 queries.