Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Women - Why does sensibility  (Read 7379 times)

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Women - Why does sensibility
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2016, 01:08:02 am »

I think Regiment on here has been married for 60 years+

He must be doing something right

or very good at not getting caught  {-)
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2016, 07:13:15 am »

Brian,

Why don't you send her on ahead on the plane with all her stuff and you drive out, at a leisurely pace, with as much gear as you need? Just think, your casa will be fully opened up and your G & T and dinner will be waiting for you when you eventually arrive.

LB

I've done this many times over the last 10 years. 5 hours down to portsmouth, 24 hour crossing on the ferry to Santander, then a 9 hour drive down the middle of Spain. Always a car full (Picasso) Last time in 2013 with a Luton van, I vowed never to drive again unless we had to return with our dogs!

Hello. A lot of the replies to the topic are well known one liners, I have been married to my wife for 35 years and still think the world of her, we have an adult respect for each other and hope to continue this for many years to come, I don't think any disrespect for women was intended within the topic, so I would politely ask Mr Bishop to lighten up, if we can't laugh at ourselves the world will be a much sadder place.
Howard. :-))

This exactly Howard. As most of us are long time married blokes, how miserable would we be if we couldn't laugh at our married woes? I'm sure we have all been shopping with them and rolled our eyes and thought ' why does she need yet more of them'

This week she bought a new 4 place cutlery set to match the 4 place cutlery set we already have--- just in case we ever have 6 people over to stay with us :o If that ever happened I think I'd move out for the duration :}

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2016, 10:21:04 am »

Indeed we should celebrate our married woes - not too many I hope. But if my Wife thought I was sharing them on a public forum with a lot of other blokes I would fear for the consequences!  :o

Men and women are wired differently and exasperate their other halves in different ways with equal justification.

I spent my entire career working closely with women in an otherwise very male oriented environment. There was continual casual sexism towards the ladies but the men were quite oblivious to this and just thought they were being humorous, the females, being rather lower down the employment pecking order, just had to take it of course but they were very much aware of it and had every bloke sized up to a T between themselves. It was quite an eye opener to hear some of their views!

Colin

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2016, 12:05:57 pm »

. But if my Wife thought I was sharing them on a public forum with a lot of other blokes I would fear for the consequences!

I would be willing to bet that ours wives discuss men's shortcomings far more often than we mention what niggles us. I do agree we are wired different Colin.

I think my wife suffers from an obsessive compulsive disorder; she's always polishing my life insurance policies  {-)

Nemo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2016, 02:11:25 pm »

I would be willing to bet that ours wives discuss men's shortcomings far more often than we mention what niggles us. I do agree we are wired different Colin.

I think my wife suffers from an obsessive compulsive disorder; she's always polishing my life insurance policies  {-)

Funny how you should say that!! (omit 'polishing' and include 'perusing')  ok2

BTW: It has always surprised me how few women take up our hobby. In my group of around 70+ males there is only one active female. Are they afraid of damaging their nails perhaps?
How many Mayhem members will respond if they are of the female gender  - PLEASE?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 22 queries.