Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: V-tail mixer  (Read 2298 times)

petermun

• Full Mayhemer
V-tail mixer
« on: February 29, 2016, 07:14:51 pm »

Is it possible to use a v-tail mixer to control 2 brushed motors, please, and how?  Thanks for any advice,  Pete

C-3PO

• Full Mayhemer
  • I thought that hairy beast would be the end of me
Re: V-tail mixer
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 07:33:22 pm »

Pete,

Search for this posting "Electronic mixer for two motors" - quite a lot of discussion on that posting

I would highly recommend the Alan Bond mixer http://www.forge-electronics.co.uk/index.php/boats/rudder-mixer

C-3PO

I think it's the way I have learnt most of my stuff - getting very stuck first...

afb

• FORGE ELECTRONICS
  • Full Mayhemer
  • more wires than wood in my boats!
    • FORGE ELECTRONICS
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 08:11:08 pm »

Thanks for the plug C-3PO. I keep hearing this query about (anyone's) mixer "does it work with brushless motors?" - the ESC takes care of that and it presents the same interface to the outside world as a brushed ESC does.

EDIT - whoops, read it as "brushless motors" - must eat more carrots!
in the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king

Sub driver

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 08:11:49 pm »

Mtroniks as well as others do both a v and w tail mixer...very neat and compact...you plug the speedos in and then the unit into the receiver and also the rudder channel into the unit then the unit mixes both speedos to the amount of rudder throw..the w tail even gives you 2 more outputs one for a third speedo that does not get mixed and also another rudder  channel again not mixed..very cheap to buy and very clever little unit.

I use a w tail for 3 brushless motors..2 which are mixed to a rudder and one which goes straight through the mixer which is proportionally controlled but not mixed..i also have a spare rudder output.
Regards
sub
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.