Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Binding problem with Lemon RX  (Read 4235 times)

Norman Castle

• Full Mayhemer
Binding problem with Lemon RX
« on: February 28, 2016, 02:39:52 pm »

I've never had a problem with the 6-channel Lemon Spektrum-compatible RX's before, so I guess I'm just having  brain failure with these two new ones  :embarrassed:

Bind plug in, ESC lead to "Throttle" pins on RX, power "on", then with TX 2 metres away from RX, switch TX on with "bind" switch held on.

RX LED flashes quickly, then goes out, then comes back on flashing slower, then goes out.  Beeping from TX unchanged throughout.

No way can I get a steady LED on the RX, so what am I doing wrong please chaps?

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but with any luck it will annoy enough people to make the effort worthwhile.

Crossie

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Binding problem with Lemon RX
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 09:01:18 pm »

As far as I can see your procedure is pretty much the normal routine, though I can say that some time ago I experienced the same problem when trying to bind several Spektrum receivers to a  Dx5e Tx  and found that because  in the house I was relatively close to several WiFi devices - - -router, laptop, heating thermostat- - - they had difficulty binding. I took the lot down to the freezing cold shed at the end of the garden well away from any wifi stuff and had no problem at all, so I guess they were being swamped with other signals .

Trevor

Mackenzie

• Shipmate
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 01:08:11 am »

Hi, could you have purchased surface RX. I have similar problem with orange after unknowingly purchasing surface RX. There is a difference with pulse duration.
Re Jim

Norman Castle

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 07:41:15 am »

Thanks gents.  It's not a surface RX and switching off all wi-fi makes no odds, but at least it looks like it's not finger trouble here so I'll get on to the supplier.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but with any luck it will annoy enough people to make the effort worthwhile.

Crossie

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 03:04:39 pm »

Norman, today I have spent ages trying to set up a model but just couldn't get the Spektrum AR500 Rx to bind every time!! A few hot words and a google search and relaxing cuppa yielded this http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1724925. If you read the thread through, you'll see that the problem is the power switch and although the leds on the front of your tranny will be lit up, there's no power to the rf section and hence no tx signal.
   So I discovered that I too had a very iffy on/off switch on my Tx and so out came the screwdriver and a bit of WD40 onto the switch contacts seems to have fixed it. If it happens again then it'll be out with the soldering iron and a new switch.

this might help fix your problem,
                                                        Trevor

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 05:26:38 pm »

That's interesting. I am still having problems with binding my DX5e to Spektrum, Orange and Lemon receivers, and had decided the problem must lie with the Tx. I'll have a look at the switch, but I've just bought a Turnigy iA6 set as I've had enough of Spektrum.

Barrie

Norman Castle

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2016, 05:40:53 pm »

Cheers Trevor but no joy with either of two Dx6i TXs, so if it's the TX, it's both of them!  No problems binding to Spektrum, Orange or previously-purchased Lemon Rxs, but the last two Lemons I bought seem to be ... lemons. 

Crossie

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2016, 06:51:27 pm »

Well it seems that my optimism was short lived, after a few operations the binding failed and touching the switch would sometimes result in the Rx binding again, so it was out with the screwdriver again and this time I removed the board and de-soldered the switch, and looked up a replacement item which I hope will arrive tomorrow. I've posted a picture here of the board with the switch removed and dis-mantled. It's not really visible in the picture but the crummy sliding contacts are quite worn

Norman, perhaps you have bought some lemons then, though the RC Groups thread does indicate that Spektrum switches seem to have been iffy. My tranny is quite ancient around 10 years I suppose.

Barrie, if your switch does prove to be duff, and you fancy your arm with a soldering iron, then I will have some spares.

Trevor

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2016, 07:28:44 pm »

I'm not certain that this is the problem. The real problem I have is that once bound and left for a while - days or weeks - when I come back to it, it isn't bound. It does sometimes take several attempts to bind, which does involve many on-off operations, so could be down to the switch. When I get a chance I'll open up the Tx and let you know - I take it you've found a source of spares. Thinking about it, my Tx is around 10 years old.
My current plan is to move to the Turnigy and keep the Spektrum for some miniature Rxs I have in my smallest models.

Barrie

Crossie

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2016, 08:06:45 pm »

Yes, Barrie, I've found what I think will be a suitable replacement from the extensive stocklist of RS components and ordered 5 at the princely sum of £1.68 ea, which as soon as they arrive I'll fit one to see if the problem is solved. I'm pretty sure that this is the root of it all because until recently this set has given a very reliable control link.  I'll try and find this thread again to post the result for your info,

Trevor

Crossie

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2016, 07:16:03 pm »

My switches arrived today from RS, although the slider prong is a bit shorter than the original, it still engages the thumb slider on the front case okay. It took about 20 minutes to solder a new one in place and re-assemble the Dx5 which now binds quickly every time, tried 3 different receivers and the same result with each one, so I reckon that's solved my binding problem.

Trevor

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2016, 06:51:36 am »

That's good news Trevor. As soon as I get rid of this infernal cold and cough, I'll have the back off mine and see what I can see.

Barrie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 21 queries.