Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Esc problems. I think!!  (Read 13464 times)

inertia

Re: Esc problems. I think!!
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2016, 09:09:51 am »

Thanks for info. Gutted I can't run it on lipo. So much lighter and cheaper. Should have researched better before getting the viper esc. Never mind will still see what's available.
Now who has told you that? You don't need a speed controller which will automatically slow down the motors when the battery pack nears its minimum value; Component Shop sell several low-voltage alarms for pennies. These have very bright LED indicators and loud buzzers to tell you when that critical level is close. All you need then is time to steer it back and change the battery. This one even has a built-in alarm that you can operate from the Tx if your bait boat gets lost in the reeds. http://www.componentshop.co.uk/3-in-1-battery-monitor-discovery-buzzer-signal-loss-alarm.html
DM

Onetenor

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2016, 10:01:12 am »

I got some Chinese batteries that weigh a ton .Slightly higher amperage  rating than advertised and have been working great for 2 yrs now I  also have some british In Nimh and  Nicad  that were out of use for 8 yrs.They charged up great on a Hitec auto charger aND ARE DOING WELL on can motors.  In fact the Chinese set upset the CoG on two planes. The others were OK as the batteries were on the Cog. I have seen a lot of Chinese ( I think they are   ) batteries in use in America and Canada so they can't all be bad .Or can they? {-)

Onetenor

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2016, 10:08:26 am »

Forgot to mention the chinese batteries are now in boats and doing well

inertia

« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2016, 01:07:29 pm »

Most NiMH and LiPo batteries originate from that end of the world these days. Like anything, there are good-quality batteries and there are the others. Some Chinese manufacturers have proper quality control and describe their products accurately.......and then there are the others. Some would call them the majority.
If all you look at is the bottom line then you will encounter far more of those than the former. As long as you are prepared for that then you're free to buy as you will from wherever you choose. Looking after them properly also helps their longevity.
DM

Onetenor

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2016, 02:13:07 pm »

How very true {:-{

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2016, 02:21:59 pm »

Hi all, re batteries on the Internet.  When choosing a battery or cells it is worth then 'googling' the make etc, as there are guys on the net that check if they are what they say they are.
regards Roy

inertia

« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2016, 04:06:27 pm »

How very true {:-{
John
You are a mere 38 miles from the best re-seller of batteries, chargers and all manner of other such stuff in the UK. All top-quality items and guaranteed. Nice people, too! http://www.componentshop.co.uk/
Dave M

Onetenor

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2016, 02:59:53 am »

Thanks for that but I already deal with him. Very nice bloke by the sound of him on the phone. I have their catalogue too.Can't actually get to the shop at present  but so far can't praise them enough  Cheers John  {-) :}

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 21 queries.