Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another fish bothering bait boat newbie  (Read 3147 times)

Stockmeister

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Another fish bothering bait boat newbie
« on: March 02, 2016, 04:25:07 pm »

Hi Everyone,

I've got an old Angling Technics baitboat that is in need of a refit. It has a small issue with the hopper release mechinism being a bit tempremental and also very noisy.

Its not the amazing expanding/shrinking wire as discribed in other threads (and it is a kind of thick wire that contracts when a voltage is applied, i've seen it in other boats). No, my boats appears to have some sort of motor that rotates 90 degrees, depending on which hopper its opening, and then returns to the center. I don't think its a servo as it only has 2 wires.

Anyway the radio gear is all 27Mhz stuff, so i can guessing the best thing i can do is strip it all out and replace it with some shiny new stuff, right?

My boat is indentical in operation to this brilliant diagram http://www.action-electronics.co.uk/pdfs/Bait%20Boat%20%283%20pumps%29%20-%20Nick%20Wootton.pdf
so i shall be ordering the bits from componentshop very soon, one question though.... can anyone tell me where i can buy the 'ACTion custom diode board' or what i need to make one.

thanks in advance

Stockmeister

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Another fish bothering bait boat newbie
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 07:24:40 pm »

UPDATE

I'm sorted for the Custom Diode board now, but i have one more piece of the jigsaw that i need help with.

I would like to keep the original power switch, rather than risk breaking the boat in an effort to replace as its been stuck in with a type of resin. The problem is its a, push to make non latching one, so i think i will need to use a relay connected to this switch, to turn on and off the 12v supply. Can anyone point me in the direction of a suitable relay, or a different solution?

Many thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 21 queries.