Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HMS QUICKSTEP  (Read 3493 times)

waltersnowdon

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
HMS QUICKSTEP
« on: March 03, 2016, 07:17:37 pm »

Hello folks, this is my first posting and I am not sure that I am in the right section!. I have been a ship modeller for 65 years now and at 75 mobility problems have severely cramped my style, so I now just dabble in simple small warship models. I met Glynn Guest at  one of the very early modellers weeks at Primrose Valley and I have always admired the simplicity and appearance of his stand-off scale warships. NOW FOR THE REQUEST- Listed under Glynns name as a plan, Is the destroyer HMS QUICKSTEP. I have searched my brain and cannot recollect when this plan first appeared. Can anyone tell me which copy of MODEL BOATS it was in and whether it was a free plan? I know it is in the current plans list which has no information. I need to find the original article for my GG file and so that I can get some sleep! Regards, Walter.

IF IT FLOATS ITS A BOAT. IF IT SINKS YOU HAVE REINVENTED THE SUBMARINE.

andrewh

• Full Mayhemer
Re: HMS QUICKSTEP
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 01:53:17 am »

Hello, Walter

Your idea sounds very wise - GG boats float (apart from the Sub)
I have not found the answer to your specific question but this link takes you to the plan
http://www.myhobbystore.co.uk/product/17106/hms-quickstep-mm1413-warship-plan
Glyn himself announced the build in feb 8th 2013 (RC Groups) so I guess that early 2013 is the place to look in the comics

GG used a 385 motor, so that will not break any banks (if you can find one)

regards
andrew

waltersnowdon

• Shipmate
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 09:37:52 am »

Thanks for the quick reply Andrew. What I am after is the magazine build article date. For many years I have looked after the plans collection for the Darlington and district model boat Club and I file the plans with the related magazine build article as this is particularly useful to new members as beginners in the hobby. Alas some of them "walk" and need replacing! I cant recollect EVER seeing the QUICKSTEP plan and article hence my request! SO... if anyone can supply the article date I would be most grateful (or has anyone built it). ARE you there Glynn?. Regards, Walter

GG

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 10:05:30 am »

Dear Walter,
               The plan for HMS Quickstep was published in the long defunct magazine RC Boat Modeller March 1988. In view of its age, it may be difficult to obtain a copy of the article.
Similar plans might be easier to acquire;
HMS Matador  Model Boats Feb 2003
HMS Temerity free plan in a "bookazine" and a construction pack of pre-cut hull parts may still be available.
Good luck,
           Glynn Guest

waltersnowdon

• Shipmate
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 10:14:38 pm »

Thanks for the reply Glynn. I had an idea it would be from RCMB!. Would you believe this is the THIRD file of your plans that I am completing! THE first file (which would almost certainly have had QUICKSTEP in it was loaned to one of our younger members to give him an interest. (He had suffered appalling injuries in a motorbike accident). He built HMS Sheffield from the file but sadly died of a heart attack and his family inadvertently destroyed the file. I started a second file which was almost complete which was borrowed from the club (person unknown) when I was in hospital last year, so I am now trying to complete a THIRD file. These files have created a lot of interest (and several models) over the years and are very worthwhile.   So- Anyone out there know the date of the Radio control model boats magazine the HMS QUICKSTEP plan was in so that I might be able to trace a copy? (By the way Glynn, I now have all your destroyer plans and articles except this one!) Regards as always, Walter Snowdon

waltersnowdon

• Shipmate
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 11:42:48 pm »

Silly me! forget the last sentence above- Glynn had already given the date of the relevant issue in his message! Regards, Walter.

Allnightin

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2016, 02:32:52 pm »

I have a photocopy of the RCMB article (not wonderful quality for the pictures)  I can scan if you want

waltersnowdon

• Shipmate
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2016, 08:14:24 pm »

Thank you for the offer. That will do nicely as any newcomers to model ships appreciate a step by step format, especially if they are not used to reading plans. I look forward to receiving them . regards, Walter

Allnightin

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2016, 12:45:22 pm »

PM sent with a link to the  scans

waltersnowdon

• Shipmate
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2016, 10:38:38 pm »

Thanks for your prompt reply - just what I needed!. regards, Walter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 22 queries.