Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FS FlySky FS-i6 2.4G 6ch  (Read 10814 times)

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
FS FlySky FS-i6 2.4G 6ch
« on: March 04, 2016, 09:21:05 am »

Hi thinking of geting one of these as it has the  ability to monitor  battery  voltage using one of these http://www.hobbyrc.co.uk/content/images/thumbs/0001210_flysky-fs-cvt01-voltage-sensor-for-fs-ia6b-recevier.jpeg. Having gone over to lipo  and using an ordinary  ESC.
Query is   if I get Mode 2  I got the throttle on the left but is that  Stick   sprung loaded if so can that be removed  so will it give me neutral in the centre position then forward / reverse
Thanks
Jay

inertia

Re: FS FlySky FS-i6 2.4G 6ch
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 09:45:38 am »

Jay
The throttle stick is not spring-centred on any radio, although some have the spring already fitted so you can easily bring it into play with a screwdriver adjustment. With other types you will need to obtain a couple of parts and remove the back of the Tx case to fit them. YouTube has numerous videos about this, I'll bet.
'Neutral' is wherever you want it to be, but with a standard forward/reverse ESC it's usual to stop the motor in the middle of the stick travel. The fitting of a centring spring means that if you want to stop the motor in a hurry (e.g. to avoid a collision) then all you need do is let go of the stick.
DM

JimG

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 09:58:06 am »

Hi Jay
I bought the Turnigy TGY i10 which is a badged version of the flysky i10 and comes with the telemetry modules. Now only £73 from Hobbyking UK. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__75273__Turnigy_TGY_i10_10ch_2_4GHz_Digital_Proportional_RC_System_with_Telemetry_Mode_2_UK_Warehouse_.html
The transmitter also monitors receiver supply voltage and signal strength to the receiver.
More channels than most need but gives plenty of options for complex scale models. Extra receivers are also cheap.
Mode 2 transmitters will come with a ratchet on the left hand stick. This will allow it to be used for both forward only and forward/reverse escs. It will not spring to center so finding the motor off position is not always easy. I ended up buying a replacement stick for a Taranis transmitter for the centering mechanism to convert my transmitter to all spring loaded sticks for boats with forward/reverse. I intend to use the side slider control for models using forward only.

Jim
Dundee Model Boat club

nivapilot

• Full Mayhemer
  • re-invented rc boater
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 01:14:54 pm »

I have the Flysky FS-i6, brilliant little radio.

Mine is also mode 2, throttle on the left, and it is a ratchet with NO spring return, so it stays where it is put, difficult to find centre on a forward/reverse ESC....I tried the return to center stick on the right for throttle and find its better.

I also looked into replacing the thottle stick, with another return to centre, and removing the springs....but they are not available....tried also looking to see if I could modify the throttle stick to give a centre indent...but again not easy.

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 03:36:55 pm »

Thanks to all for the input seems I should be ok .Nivapilot you got any telemetry going   I only need  the  voltage warning for the lipo anything else would surplus to needs

nivapilot

• Full Mayhemer
  • re-invented rc boater
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 04:14:17 pm »

No telemetry just yet Jaymac.

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2016, 06:26:59 pm »

Is there anything to choose between the Turnigy and Flysky versions of this radio? I note that most of the ebay listings for the Flysky do not mention telemetry, but assume it is included.

Currently the Flysky Tx plus one Rx appears to be cheaper, though extra receivers are more expensive %)

Barrie

sparkey

• Full Mayhemer
  • I think I am as mad as I think I am then I am mad
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2016, 06:47:46 pm »

:-)) I have the Turnigy   i10 the Flysky is exactly the same with the same features,everything is interchangeable,the Tx also works with 9x Rx's which are cheaper if you don't want to use the sensers,the i6 is the same....Ray :-)) 
My boats are all wood like my head fluctuat nec mergitur

nivapilot

• Full Mayhemer
  • re-invented rc boater
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2016, 07:15:37 pm »

Hi barriew, the flysky fs-i6 is a 6 channel radio with available telemetry capability, if used with the correct Rx and modules.

The turnigy i6, 6 channel is a Flysky unit, rebadged for Hobbyking.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__62709__Turnigy_TGY_i6_AFHDS_Transmitter_and_6CH_Receiver_Mode_1_.html

Sparkey - The turnigy i10 is a ten channel system, and is not the same as a FS-i6
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__60358__Turnigy_TGY_i10_10ch_2_4Ghz_Digital_Proportional_RC_System_with_Telemetry_Mode_1_.html

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2016, 07:18:19 pm »

Thanks nivapilot. I don't think I will ever require full telemetry, but Rx battery and possibly motor battery levels could be useful.

I will probably buy the Flysky as its available from the UK at a lower price than the Turnigy (at least this week!).

Barrie

nivapilot

• Full Mayhemer
  • re-invented rc boater
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2016, 07:33:04 pm »

When you get it, don't be surprised by the compactness of it... :-)
It does seem a lot smaller than a lot of other radio systems, but it certainly packs a punch.
Although the Rx that normally comes with it is the iA6 unit which is a AFHDS-2 protocol, which allows telemetry.
You can also use the 9 and 10 channel units as well as the AFHDS units which don't support telemetry.

I have one of the 3 channel Rx units for a smaller boat of mine.

sparkey

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2016, 07:33:46 pm »

:-)) What I was saying is that the 10 channel Turnigy and Flysky 10 channel are the same,the same applies to 6 channel systems,as for the full telemetry I use motor battery voltage,  battery temp and motor revs,the Rx voltage comes up automatic on this two system,also I use mode 1 as I prefer the throttle on the right.............Ray. :-))   

nivapilot

• Full Mayhemer
  • re-invented rc boater
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2016, 07:36:52 pm »

Ah right Ray, sorry mis understood. :-))

sparkey

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2016, 07:45:53 pm »

:-)) The thing that I a concern about is Tx battery life on the Turnigy i10,I have had to turn the backlight right down to get a full days sailing,you can charge it from the SDS port in the car or the cigar lighter plug,what would be ideal is to have a spare battery but I don't think you can get them from HK ......Ray. :-)) 

nivapilot

• Full Mayhemer
  • re-invented rc boater
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2016, 08:00:15 pm »

sparkey

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2016, 08:10:19 pm »

:-)) Cheers, I'll order one tonight,HK do a screen shield which helps with the light and it also protects the screen from damage and it was only a couple of quid......Ray :-))

sparkey

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2016, 08:15:45 pm »

:-)) See what I mean by bright display.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    329

nivapilot

• Full Mayhemer
  • re-invented rc boater
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2016, 08:25:32 pm »

Oh yeah.

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2016, 10:52:51 pm »

Most of the I6's only seem to have the ia6 rx  does not seem to be owt that runs off that for telemetery like this voltage  meter  it needs the ia6B  which bumps up the   price  another £10 or so making the turnigy i6 £50 plus shipping
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Flysky-FS-CVT01-Voltage-Collection-Receiver/dp/B0195BAEL4

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2016, 07:10:43 am »

Hobbyking have the iA6 standard receiver at £7.05 and the iA6B telemetry capable Rx at £9.23. so only £2 more for telemetry if you don't wnat 10 channels.

Barrie

PS These are ex-Hong Kong prices. UK or European prices will probably be slightly higher.

nivapilot

• Full Mayhemer
  • re-invented rc boater
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2016, 08:36:24 pm »

Now there are ways to mod the Rx to get voltage out to the Tx without the need for sensors.
Also I have downloaded an update onto mine....I now get ten channels out of the FS-i6 :-))
And I have made a new bar and spring perch, so that the throttle is now sprung centre return.
And I have fitted a small RP-SMA connector with a new antenna..

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2016, 09:07:04 pm »

Now there are ways to mod the Rx to get voltage out to the Tx without the need for sensors.

Where did you find this info? The only reason I would have for the telemetry is main battery voltage, so if that can be done with sensors I could be interested.
To get a smaller receiver for small models, I've just bought a FS-R6B receiver. Smaller and cheaper than the iA6.

Barrie

nivapilot

• Full Mayhemer
  • re-invented rc boater
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2016, 08:23:34 am »

Try here Barriew...http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2402288
I think there is something about it only supporting 10v max? but I haven't done the mod yet...........can't fly and look at the Tx at the same time...if you know what I mean...and if the battery goes so low on my boat, well I get one of the others to push to shore.

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2016, 07:55:02 pm »

Thanks for the link - I give it a look.

Barrie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 21 queries.