Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Planet T5 range problem  (Read 2221 times)

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer
Planet T5 range problem
« on: March 09, 2016, 07:18:39 pm »

A strange problem recently that I have not been able to get to the bottom of.

I have a Planet T5 transmitter, now about 4 years old, that has never given problems before.
I have five boats, each bound separately with it, that I sail one at a time.  5 identical receivers.
Each receiver is mounted vertically, as high as possible in the superstructure, with aerial wire upwards.
Normally I can sail them right over to the other side of the lake, well over the 100 metres stated range.

The only thing that has altered is about a year ago I dropped the Tx and damaged the aerial, so fitted a new one.  Followed the YouTube installation video, making sure fitted properly in the top of the case, with aerial wire fitted fitted firmly onto the PCB fitting that the old one came off of.

However, Just lately each and every boat seems to find itself out of controllable range at around 50 feet.
Re-checked aerial wire fitted securely.  New batteries.  checked internal wiring connections. All seem OK.

The Tx seems to be the common factor.  Any ideas?  Should I just buy a new Planet Tx (I would get another spare Rx of course. Always useful)

Strange.
HMS Skirmisher (1905), HMS Amazon (1906), HMS K9 (1915), Type 212A (2002), HMS Polyphemus (1881), Descartes (1897), Iggle Piggle boat (CBBC), HMS Royal Marine (1943), HMS Marshall Soult, HMS Agincourt (1912)

john44

• Full Mayhemer
  • member of the Potteries Model boat club
Re: Planet T5 range problem
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 07:52:54 pm »

Hi Bob, when I dropped my planet Tx I had to raise the negative tags in the battery compartment
To make the batteries a tighter fit.

John

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Planet T5 range problem
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 12:13:06 pm »

It seems this is a Defence Against The Black Arts issue.  However, Mayhem member 'fastfaz' happened to be selling a new T5 Tx with two Rx's, which was well timed.  Package arrived safely today and I am currently re-binding all my boats to the new Tx.  Should solve the problem  O0
HMS Skirmisher (1905), HMS Amazon (1906), HMS K9 (1915), Type 212A (2002), HMS Polyphemus (1881), Descartes (1897), Iggle Piggle boat (CBBC), HMS Royal Marine (1943), HMS Marshall Soult, HMS Agincourt (1912)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 22 queries.