Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Robbe decoder/ Futaba RX connections on Fairmount Alpine .  (Read 1839 times)

david48

• Full Mayhemer
Robbe decoder/ Futaba RX connections on Fairmount Alpine .
« on: March 21, 2016, 12:10:53 am »

Fairmount Alpine  Robbe decoder and Futaba RX
I am at the final stage of completing the electrics on my build of Fairmount Alpine and have a slight dilemma. The plug on the decoder is marked up RX , I think I understand this can be plugged in to any of the remaining  unused sockets on the RX . The used ones are ,port / std / rudder . The one on the P100 is labelled up RX Aux Channel will this go into again any one that is left . I am sorry if this is a bit/ a lot vague the radio control side of things is a new to me .
I think the question is really what is the Aux channel please and where does the decoder plug go .
I can not see in the F14 hand book anything about how close the TX can be to the RX , will it mater .
Thank you for the help yet again .
David
Two heads are better than one sheep head  as my old plant manager used to say

thegrimreaper

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Robbe decoder/ Futaba RX connections on Fairmount Alpine .
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 11:26:00 am »

Hi the decoder plugs into channel 8 on the receiver or channel 7 if its the older F-14 you have, you can check this by removing the back off of the Tx. you will see then where you can plug the switch unit into the board on the Tx. if the decoder is plugged into channel 7 on the receiver then its the same with the Tx. you will have a lead on the switch unit for your Tx. which plugs into the board marked up as EXT.
hope this helps

Mark.
Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.

inertia

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 12:07:06 pm »

The one on the P100 is labelled up RX Aux Channel will this go into again any one that is left .

Not quite, David. The AUX channel in a P100 installation would be used where a P104 Switch is also fitted; this is used to operate the "general (non-engine) sounds". Quite which channel you plug P104 into depends on which transmitter stick/lever/slider/knob you want to use for triggering the general sounds. If you read "AUX" as "sounds" or "spare" then your confusion should disappear.

In throttle mode (i.e. where there is a proportional engine sound) P100 itself is always connected to the throttle channel on the transmitter (or, in the case of twin throttles, to one of the channels).

Dave M

david48

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 09:09:29 pm »

Thank you again Dave and Mark for your help, it could be a while before I get back to the build , busy again among firewood , and sawmill stuff .
David
Two heads are better than one sheep head  as my old plant manager used to say
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 21 queries.