Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mick, what am I doing these days.  (Read 3435 times)

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.
Mick, what am I doing these days.
« on: April 04, 2016, 10:11:34 pm »

I have not been posting much these days. My health is a major factor in that. I have had some help from the members several times over the last year or so. I am still building what I can, most of the larger bits & pieces, my fine motor control is lacking from where it was before having a stroke. I have three  boats on the go, Smit Nederland ( nearly finished ) 1/16 scale Tamar Model Slipway ( half done )  & the Fairmount Alpine ( just started). Still waiting, the Imara, & 1/12 scale Tamar Speedline both really untouched. I have everything I need to finish them all, including motors,Electronics( Action), radio's Bow Thrusters & even the battery packs. My health is a bit up & down but all in all I am still mobile. This is one great forum & many have helped me along the way, not in any particular order,(Brian 60)(Mark (Fairmont)(Oldiron a great guy, hope you visit again soon)(Neil lifeboat expert)( & the ever helpful at any time Dave Milbourn, Inertia) I have had great service from Cornwall Model Boats & Component Shop) Our house is always open & you are welcome to come over anytime. This is to let you know you don't need to send the flowers yet. Mick B.
Mick B.

Stavros

Re: what am I doing these days.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 10:27:52 pm »

And there I thought we were going to have a big old party....ALL JOKING aside Mick it is SO SO GOOD to hear that you are alive and kicking so to speak and hopefully your health will become better with time.....such a shame that you are the other end of the world so to speak otherwise I would pop in for a cuppa and a chin wag

Dave

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 10:59:17 pm »

Yes indeed! Very good to hear from you

I guess you're not ready for that cart yet!  ;D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdf5EXo6I68
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 11:36:22 pm »

Yes, great to hear from you Mick. You can only do what you can and make the most of what is possible.

We are planning to visit Canada again this year with a two week fly drive around Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Cape Breton Island. We both really like Canada, a very civilised country. Also Halifax is only a 6 hour flight from London!

Colin

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 04:23:07 am »

Likewise, great to hear from you Mick!

'et deinceps sursum'

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2016, 07:46:33 am »

Glad to hear from you too Mick.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

david48

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2016, 10:32:56 am »

Good hear your are still at it , any help with  Fairmount I will try my best .
David
Two heads are better than one sheep head  as my old plant manager used to say

BFSMP

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2016, 11:09:56 am »

Hello Mick.

Neil says hello. He has told me all about you, and looking forward to seeing you in the summer.

I'll try and pop over the river and say hello as well. He has told me all about your work on old British cars.
You'd keep me interested all day.

Jim.
life is like arranging deck chairs on the Titanic!

inertia

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2016, 11:11:36 am »

Mick
Any chance of a picture of you and Mrs B? It helps to put a face to the name.
The much-missed Pete Keirle did a slide-show of many of the old Mayhem members a few years back (a real rogues' gallery it was, too) but all we seem to see these days are ruddy model boats...
I'm just finishing off the second prototype of my 1/12 scale Fairey Huntress and hope to have one or both versions at Wickie this year.
Dave M

nemesis

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Mick, what am I doing these days.
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2016, 05:28:46 pm »

Glad to hear you are ok and still busy. Did you do anything about that book I suggested to you? You have had (up to now) such a wide and varied life it would make a very good book for anyone to read, keep well, Nemesis

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2016, 07:52:21 pm »

I think Phyllis Knows how to put a photo up Dave but don't hold it in front of a mirror just in case. I am overwhelmed by the response from you all. Colin you will love Nova Scotia & area it will take your breath away, wait until you see the way they paint their houses, I didn't think there were that many colours. I am sorry we did not meet up last year but you followed the route very close to what I would have recommended. Nemesis I dare not write a book I would have to lie too much, unless I wrote it as a Novel & change some names, otherwise a few! Ladies would be very unhappy & a possibility of a couple of husbands & boyfriends too. If I told the whole story it might make the best seller list but I am sure Phyllis would be very upset & may be gone. I was a very WILD Irishman when I young, sleep was not priority. I will say no more than that, LOL. Jim tell Neil that I hope to meet him in the Summer, you too & as many as possible of Mayhem members. Are there any good Boat shows in July or August ?. I really hope to meet many of you if I make it across the pond, but it depends on my Doctor & his advice. Also a big thank you to Martin our fearless Leader, Essex, David 48, Shipmate 60( Bob),Stavros & All who have wished me well, THANK YOU, MICK B.   
Mick B.

boat captain

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2016, 09:19:52 am »

Hi Mick

You should make it a priority to attend the Model Boat Convention at
Haydock Park racecourse it is on the 27th and 28th August.
Visit the website  www.modelboatconvention a show not to be missed.
If you do attend contact me just ask at the main desk.

Joe
Liverpool MBC Committee Member

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2016, 12:20:21 pm »

Mick, we followed your recommendations for touring the Rockies in 2014 and it was great. Sorry we were unable to visit, firstly we were on a pretty tight schedule and secondly it was evident that you were not in the best of health at the time and the last thing we would have wanted to do would have been to add to the stress on yourself and Phyllis as you would have felt obliged to rise to the occasion when that might not have been a good idea. Great to hear you are still afloat though! Really do hope you make it over to the UK.

Colin
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 22 queries.