Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scott Free deep V  (Read 12336 times)

SailorGreg

• Full Mayhemer
  • Money talks - it says goodbye
Re: Scott Free deep V
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2016, 02:32:36 pm »

Well, it was pretty spectacular while it lasted - in short bursts at least!   Glad to be of assistance.

I'm sure if you had persevered you could have enlarged the lake, chip by chip.  Of course you would have needed to reinforce the bow a little.  {-)

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2016, 05:47:36 pm »

Cheers Greg, do you think it would be possible for the club to move to Langstone Harbour  %% %% {-)

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2016, 06:41:30 pm »

With this boat now up for sale, I've been thinking about what to replace it with I'm looking for something with a bit of speed but a bit more sedate than the off shore power boat, although our club lake was obviously too small for it I have to confess at 71 my old brain couldn't really keep up with it at one point it did a u-turn leapt out of the water like a demented flying fish plopped back in and tore off heading toward the island in the middle of the lake and despite throttling back had enough momentum to beach on the said island, so I have now decided to scratch build a fast,ish cabin cruiser based on the 1960s Diva I like the retro look of her and have spent an enjoyable day drawing up the plan and frame templates, it's over 40 years since I scratch built a hard chine hull so no doubt I'll be correcting a few mistakes along the way, I don't normally have two builds going at the same time but after I've got this one off the drawing board I can potter along with this one and Brocklesby.
Joe.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 22 queries.