Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disappointing price increase  (Read 5225 times)

Unsinkable 2

• Full Mayhemer
Disappointing price increase
« on: April 09, 2016, 08:45:15 am »

Last week I ordered a Turnigy I10 radio from Hobbyking but I ordered the wrong mode. I noticed immediately and tried to change my order. After 4 days of trying I got an email to say they managed to cancel my order but instead of a refund I got a credit.

I just went back to re order the radio but noticed the price had gone up, not by a few euros but by 60 euros :o :o :o  SIXTY EUROS !!! In one week.......... Talk about being over a barrel it's disgusting!

Dead sick <:(  U2
It'll look better when it's finished!

grace

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Disappointing price increase
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 08:55:55 am »

wow...........probably better buying another brand i guess

TomHugill

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 09:02:19 am »

What's worse is you can change the mode within the configure on these, make it mode 1,2,3,4 what ever.

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2016, 10:11:18 am »

Yes Hobbyking's prices do fluctuate quite a lot when I bought my Scott Free boat it was £112  though I did get a £4 discount at point of sale, the following week it was on sale for £94  >:-o  some times you're the dog, some times you're the lamp post. %% {-)

Unsinkable 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2016, 10:27:09 am »

I wasn't sure about being able to change the mode myself with what was (at the time) a cheap transmitter. It's easy to do if the hardware allows it but if you don't know it's best to not take the chance.

I don't actually need a new transmitter as mine is more than adequate but I like the idea of letting someone sail my other boat at the same time as I sail mine then they don't have to just watch.

I'll wait until the price drops, if it doesn't I'll just get a refund. It was offered but via PayPal even though I didn't pay via PayPal which in turn means I would have to pay a small fee..... Sometimes you lose and sometimes you can't win!  O0   U2

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2016, 11:32:43 am »

If they mark it as a refund in Paypal you won't pay a fee,

Unsinkable 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2016, 04:31:46 pm »

Oh I didn't know that Joe, thanks.... U2

Unsinkable 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2016, 10:17:17 am »

I just received an email from Hobbyking  >:-o  they have offered me a refund via 'paydollar' (I've never heard of it!) but as an added kick in the teeth it will take up to SIX WEEKS >>:-( 

I also recieved a request to fill in one of the following about the support teams help

1 good I'm satisfied
2 bad I'm not satisfied

I clicked 2 and then wrote the following

Dear Hobbyking, where is the option for 'good, but I'm unsatisfied'?   Your support team did their job and answered all my questions but that didn't sort out my problem. It seems to me that Hobbyking has a dedicated group of people who are unable to talk with eachother. I realised I had made a mistake with my order within 5 minutes of placing it, I contacted your live chat expecting to simply change my order but your system took FOUR days to cancel my order by which time the price of the item had risen by ALMOST 50 PERCENT! How is it possible for just the prices of the item I wanted to order to rise by such a high amount in such a small space of time? How is it not possible in the age of telephones and computers to simply cancel an order as quickly as it was placed? This could have saved a lot of unnecessary trouble. And finally why can you take money almost instantly but yet it takes up to SIX WEEKS to pay it back?  Please please offer me the item at my original price or just pay the money back into my account quickly because any other option will just appear as if Hobbyking are deliberately trying to mess me around for cancelling an order and would seriously jeopardise any future chance of me ordering anything. I hope you are able to do something to remedy this and not simply just let it go as I am 'just one customer'

Thank you for your understanding and giving me the chance to explain how I feel, I hope it has an impact on such a massive company. (Full name supplied). U2 on here !

Am I over reacting or does it seem strange that the price went up so much and other items moved by just a few pence or cents, if they don't do or say something to make me see why then they have lost my custom.

You wouldn't get this with Modelboatbits or The Component Shop, they are both excellent!  U2

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2016, 10:43:19 am »

If you paid by paypal request a refund though them, just state your reason and let them deal with it, that's why I pay by paypal any time some things gone wrong with a purchase I've always got my money back. ;)

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2016, 10:44:07 am »

It's possible that the price you paid was a discounted "new release" price and the price of the TX has now returned to its normal price.
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

Unsinkable 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2016, 06:16:35 pm »

Joe, I paid with my credit card as PayPal was not an option, not one that I could find anyway. I normally pay via PayPal when possible for that very reason.

Essex, anything is possible! But it didn't say new price for a limited time or anything to indicate it was an offer!

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2016, 06:45:47 pm »

Hi U2 if it was Hobbyking you can defo pay with Paypal,    hope you get it sorted mate. :-))

Unsinkable 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2016, 07:24:10 am »

You're quite right Joe you CAN use PayPal but casting my mind back 2 weeks (not that easy  {-) ) there was another reason I didn't use PayPal, like I said, I normally do but on this occasion I Used my card. VISA credit cards give you a guarantee against a lot of things and should there be a fault it's covered. I know now that If there was a problem with the refund that I can re claim it via my card. So Im sure all will be well in the end. It would have been a lot simpler to be able to just change my order when I realised my mistake 5 minutes after ordering. The amount of time it took to cancel my order in this age of computers it may have been quicker to post a letter {-) ....... I'm sure I will get the money back but the process has put me right off Hobbyking......... {:-{

mook

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2016, 05:38:33 pm »

If you make a mistake when ordering do they have to refund anything? If you took it back to a shop they might not give you a refund.  I do think the price rise is a bit steep, maybe they just pluck numbers out of the air {:-{

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2016, 07:50:54 pm »

Yes they do have to refund you, Distance selling rules differ from shop/face to face transactions though most shops do offer refunds if you want to return goods in original condition they are not obliged to, online selling gives the buyer seven days on receipt of goods to change their mind and return the goods for a refund, but the buyer may be liable for return postage if the seller has stated so in their conditions, if they haven't then the seller is responsible for the return postage  %%. Online auctions are the exception where the seller can state no returns accepted so the buyer bids at their own risk.

mook

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2016, 10:07:55 am »

I wasn't sure what the rules are for distant selling I know they are different from going into a shop

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2016, 10:21:01 am »

. Online auctions are the exception where the seller can state no returns accepted so the buyer bids at their own risk.

Except Ebay, where you can put it, but It actually means diddly squat, and I guarantee you if A buyer on ebay does not want the item They will get their money back..

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2016, 11:17:50 am »

yes you're probably right about  E-bay especially if you've paid with Paypal and also the seller doesn't want negative feed back. {:-{
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 22 queries.