Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: tug towing aces  (Read 2616 times)

grace

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
tug towing aces
« on: April 10, 2016, 04:54:04 pm »

hi,  today was our first time towing..the barge is about 8 foot long and had about 75kg of ballist....I have been telling my friend all about balne moor ..we are both experienced narrowboaters that have towed boats many times before...we had big ideas of setting a coarse up whipping the boats through it,,,it all looked so easy after looking at this forum and youtube :D

this rc tug towing is so difficult I have so much to learn, you guys make it look so easy  :o we didn't manage to even set a coarse up keeping the boats away from the bank and weeds was enough for today.....gentleman I take my hat off to you!!!!!!

poll

• Full Mayhemer
Re: tug towing aces
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 08:45:36 pm »

Hi Grace.
  You and your friend are more then welcome to come and have a tow at Balne Moor in fact we have had a round or two today, there
  will be some photos floating about some where, lol
  The next towing is 29th May.  18th 19th June  is a Pro/Am w/end that could be interesting for you both.

Regards

John                    POLL

Fastfaz

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 09:38:31 pm »

Hi Warwick,
           I think I recognise that tug seems familiar! if you think that was hard wait until you have a go at Balne. We had yet another beautiful day although the wind was quite cool, as to  the towing that's another matter, glad to see you are enjoying the Eldergarth.
      Cheers,
           Faz. :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

CGAux26

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 09:54:37 pm »

Put the barge "on the hip," that is alongside the tug.  Place the tug well aft, with its stern aft of the barge's stern.  Angle the stern of the tug out from the barge 20 degrees or so.  Or make the tug up at the stern of the barge on the centerline, to push it.  Make all lines bar taut, so the tug and the barge move as one.  Both of these methods give much better control.

grace

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 02:52:25 am »

Hi Warwick,
           I think I recognise that tug seems familiar! if you think that was hard wait until you have a go at Balne. We had yet another beautiful day although the wind was quite cool, as to  the towing that's another matter, glad to see you are enjoying the Eldergarth.
      Cheers,
           Faz. :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

its your old tug  :-)).. the wind was blowing really hard today my friends running a pair of t12's with 70mm props in his tug, when he went to turn the tow into the wind the boat couldn't manage to run head on.the eldergarth managed it with relative ease but it hammered the batteries...we still had a lot of fun...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 22 queries.