Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FRSky 9 channel Tx  (Read 1641 times)

inertia

FRSky 9 channel Tx
« on: April 14, 2016, 10:26:18 am »

Does anyone have one of these, please? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/291595379811?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX%253:
I need to find out whether any of the three rotary knobs (Hov Pit, Hov Thr and Pit Trm) operates an independent channel into which a servo can be plugged, or are they somehow "mixed" with the throttle and pitch channels? I have a customer who wants to rotate three gun turrets in his battleship but the normal dual-axis sticks are already allocated to other functions. I would like to use one of the rotary knobs to operate these turret servos. I'm afraid the customer's first language is not English - and my Turkish is lousy!
Dave M

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
Re: FRSky 9 channel Tx
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 02:39:11 pm »

Dave
I had one of these and you can assign the switches and rotary knobs to a channel.

I never got mine to work properly tho as it seemed to lag between the operation of the control and the servo.
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

tsenecal

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 03:16:54 pm »

I have purchased three of these for other members of my model boat club (i seem to be the "technician" of the club)  what i discovered was that as shipped, 2 of the 3 were set up in "helicopter" mode, which meant the three knobs were set as mixes.  to switch modes, use the "system" menu (first picture) to switch to airplane mode (the "type select" entry in second picture).  when in airplane mode, the 3 knobs and switches can be assigned to a specific aux channel in the "settings" menu (third picture).   there are also settings menu entries for normal/reverse servo motion, and endpoint adjustment.  I have downloaded a PDF manual at home which shows all of this, i will add it here when i get home from work tonight.

inertia

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 03:20:24 pm »

I thought that might be the case, but how to explain it in Turkish is a slight problem! Thanks anyway, Gary.

Tsenecal
That would be very useful indeed. I'll PM you my E-Mail address so you can send it direct, as there's no facility to download PDFs onto this forum.
Dave M
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 21 queries.