Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: planet T5 conundrum  (Read 3742 times)

boatmadman

• Full Mayhemer
planet T5 conundrum
« on: April 17, 2016, 06:30:09 pm »

I have two T5 handsets, one I use for fast electric and one for scale.

Something rather strange is going on with both of them. I went to use them today and on both of them the throttle has reversed, and, on both of them the throttle reversing switch has no effect.

I have tried re binding them - no change. I have tried using different rx's - no change.

I am puzzled! Anyone experienced anything like this?

Ian
if at first you dont succeed.....have a beer.....

Capt Podge

• Full Mayhemer
Re: planet T5 conundrum
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 12:18:37 am »

Are the Tx batteries ok? - they should be at least producing 5.0 volts (4.8v being the recommended minimum)

.....I'm just clutching at straws here. :((

Regards,

Ray.

john44

• Full Mayhemer
  • member of the Potteries Model boat club
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 08:23:09 am »

Hi Ian, you probably know but I will ask did you turn the Tx off when you reversed the throttle
Channel ? and then when reversed switch Tx back on. It is a requirement with this set up.
Clutching at straws too

John

boatmadman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 08:52:55 am »

Thanks for the replies Guys.
Yes the batteries are fully charged, and, yes I did switch off the set before reversing the throttle.
Cheers
Ian

mersey dave

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 09:46:20 am »

Hi Ian, for a quick fix to your problem can't you just swap over the Blue and Yellow wires on your speed controller going to the motor.
Just a thought mate.

Regards Dave.

inertia

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2016, 10:04:02 am »

Ian
When motors run at full speed after you turn off the speed controller and transmitters mysteriously change throttle direction overnight I'd say you have an infestation of electronic gremlins... They're the little b*ggers which climb into sealed Jiffybags, destroy perfectly functioning units and then climb out again - sealing the bag behind them -  while the bag is in the post. They change your charger setting to Discharge without you noticing. They allow you to sail happily for half an hour then contrive to prevent the speed controller from working in one direction while still being fine in the opposite one. They whisper in your ear "Red is negative, black is positive" while you're connecting up batteries, and they conspire to make Chinese amps ten times as big as British ones on the box but ten times smaller in the water.

You need a Gremlin Filter; I'm sure Hobby King sells them... Reversing the ESC-to-motor wires is not a "dirty fix" if it works. You need to be as unsubtle as you can to defeat these little demons; they thrive on cleverness!  8)
DM

boatmadman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2016, 10:13:52 am »

I think you have hit the nail on the head DM, the gremlins, or even Ninja's as they are oriental, have struck.

I didn't mention, and should have, in my first post, that both the tx's will now only work with the motors off at full stick forward, and full speed with stick fully back - the opposite to the way I have always had them. So, reversing the motor connections wont help that.

Off now for more Ninja battles.

Ian

inertia

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2016, 10:21:34 am »

Ian
Have that beer, then sell the receivers, bin the transmitters and buy a Hitec 4 Lite. http://www.servoshop.co.uk/index.php?pid=JP2210100&area=RADIO
DM

Captain fizz

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2016, 10:23:17 am »

If anyone is short of gremlins, I have a spare bucket of the little blighters available >>:-(

boatmadman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2016, 01:01:36 pm »

All sorted.
Unplugged everything and started from scratch. Dunno what I did different from yesterday, but, they are all gremlin and ninja free.....for now!
Those radios look OK ..all sold out though.
Ian

inertia

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2016, 01:54:02 pm »

Those radios look OK ..all sold out though.
Ian

Having ordered one just this weekend for my promised Micro-Magic (Martin... reminder!!!) Steve Webb Models have sent me an E-Mail, apologising that their website incorrectly showed stock and offering either to substitute another similar type of radio or hold the order until the promised stock arrives in early May. Good service in any language.

Now do you suppose that all model traders would do that, or do we know one or two who are 'disinclined to communicate'? They're still out there!

I've just had Paypal find for me in a dispute over a small bottle of chrome paint. The supplier's website proudly proclaims them to be "experts in delivering model kits, accessories and more.... WORLDWIDE". Despite charging me £3.55 P&P they didn't manage to deliver a 30ml bottle of paint 50 miles in over a month (that's 0.067 mph, or about 1/3 the top speed of a garden slug), and ignored all attempts to correspond with them by both me and Paypal. The words "refund" and "replacement" clearly did not compute. I wonder if they understand the words "useless" and "never again"?

Dave M

boatmadman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2016, 02:54:21 pm »

You should set up as a consultant in customer service. You would make a fortune!

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2016, 03:22:35 pm »

Having ordered one just this weekend for my promised Micro-Magic (Martin... reminder!!!)

I might take some time to arrive FLJ, I'm in Tahiti with your money!
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2016, 03:28:13 pm »

What's the exchange rate for Groats in Tahiti Martin?  8)

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 23 queries.