Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Revells 1:72 Flower Class Corvette to full RC (Weathered version Snowberry)  (Read 35017 times)

Made it to 80 (25p Richer now)

• Full Mayhemer

Which was that Christmas or model Ambernblue  :o :o
I'm not old I'm mature middle aged

ambernblu

...... thanks for that Bob...!

However, you are indeed correct - to clarify the situation, I'm not sure which project will get finished which Xmas!!  :D

• Full Mayhemer

I work on the theory that I have so many projects to complete I haven't got time to die ..........got to go to hospital for the day in a couple of weeks and in the blurb that was sent me it says try to carry out a normal day .............wonder how they would feel if i took my shed ,tools pains and projects with me  ;D ;D

ambernblu

.... was there a 'Freudian slip' in there, Bob?  ;D

• Full Mayhemer

Yes there was must be getting old  ;D

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England

Yes there was must be getting old  ;D

Not looking for an argument are we? ;D ;D ;D ;D

Doug

(look younger but feel older!!)
Don't Assume Check

• Full Mayhemer

Just get that cheque off for Skipsea in november Doug and if you are at a loose end on saturday come along to Skegness Lifeboat station for open day  :o :o

Voyager

• Full Mayhemer

I have been working hard the past couple of days painting fittings and weathering them. The Revell instruction are a pain in the ar@e! Just found out the air ducts are illustrated wrong in the instructions, so i had to carefuly remove them and reposition them....aaahhhh! >:(
I'm hoping that the boat will be sea worthy in two weeks time, or maybe before??? The weather has been rather windy the last couple of days, so i'm hoping for a bright calm day for it's maiden voyage.

Voyager

• Full Mayhemer

All the new additions are still pure white, all parts will be toned down to match the rest of the vessel.

[Too Large - attachment deleted by admin]

Mankster

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wheelerdealer
    • RC Model Submarines

One quick qustion, is the oil in the prop tube purely for waterproofing, or does the shaft need lubrication as well? Nice boat by the way. I have a kit which I haven't started yet.

Voyager

• Full Mayhemer

Yes to both your questions! The oil stops water coming back up, and helps with keeping everything smooth and quiet. It makes a big difference to the noise levels

Voyager

• Full Mayhemer

Thinned humbrol #27 was used for the panel lines on the side of the hull, next to go on tonight will be thined humbrol #70 to replicate a soft rusting affect on the side of the hull.

Voyager

• Full Mayhemer

Once this project is completed, aprox two weeks, the model will be available for sale on this forum. The model will be sold with motor, coupling, prop shop shaft and prop, micro servo, speed controller (M-Tronik), not included is the receiver and battery or transmiter.

Anyone interest can contact me on: wayneakirkham@aol.com

Not going to name any prices, but i am open to sensible offers!

Regards: voyager

Pointy

Your weathering is awesome  :o Will you varnish the model and if so how will you avoid it changing the look of the weathering/will it change look of the weathering?

Voyager

• Full Mayhemer

Thanks! Anyway beleive it or not, but half the boat has already been sealed, i use a waterproof satin varnish which only has a very slight sheen. Once all the transfers have been applied, the boat will get another coat of varnish.

Voyager.

ambernblu

.... Wayne, I can't believe you are parting with it after all the work and effort you've put into it - its a complete one-off for sure!  ;)

Voyager

• Full Mayhemer

I know...don't remind me! :'( I just like the building part it, but the other reason is that i can only have up to four boats at any one time....not my rules you understand! So i want another project to be getting on with, so the money for this pays for another model.

Mmmm...women ::)

Oh...and here is what it looks like sinse this morning!

Regards: Voyager.

ambernblu

.. I completely understand the need to get rid.... but I decided to keep the model boats... and the model trains.... and everything else interesting!  ;D

Voyager

• Full Mayhemer

I wish i could be like that :-\

ron h

If you keep it to long, all that rust will eat away at it and you will be left with a pile of rust dust, ;D ;D a flower man

Voyager

• Full Mayhemer

:o Oh my gosh, your right i never thought of that....crums..i shall be awake all night thinking of that now!

ambernblu

...Wayne - That 'getting rid thing' you mentioned? It comes to us all one day mate.

It may seem bad at the time, but remember - every cloud has a mega silver lining.  ;D

Voyager

• Full Mayhemer

In times of desperation i will remember your words :'(

warspite

for the R/C how have you split the deck to gain access?

Voyager

• Full Mayhemer

I glued the rear superstructure to the middle superstructure (funnel section) together, i then cut a section out from the mid deck area. If you look at the picture below you should be able to work out what i have done.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 21 queries.