Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Revells 1:72 Flower Class Corvette to full RC (Weathered version Snowberry)  (Read 35006 times)

Turbulent

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Revells 1:72 Flower Class Corvette to full RC (Weathered version Snowberry)
« Reply #75 on: December 27, 2006, 06:59:47 pm »

As she was in happier times.................

Voyager

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #76 on: December 27, 2006, 08:26:57 pm »

Nice to see her on the water! How did she perform before the end?

Turbulent

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #77 on: December 28, 2006, 02:41:44 pm »

as i remember, very well, shame to see her lost like that , totally unrepairable.

Voyager

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #78 on: December 28, 2006, 05:08:49 pm »

Bloody shame! It would have been better had she sunk, at least it would have remained in one! Then she would have retained the realism of a real ship wreck!!!

Stavros

« Reply #79 on: December 28, 2006, 11:01:04 pm »

Turbulent sorry to see your misshap but nothing is NOT repairable come on Voyager accept the challenge if there is anyone that can you are that man (BLOOMIN HECK Stav being complementery)

Voyager

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #80 on: December 29, 2006, 01:27:53 am »

Thanks for the recommendation and praise Stavros, however looking at it, i would say it would be far quicker and easier to start from scratch! More than happy to offer tips if the owner wishes to build another up, i could give him the list of paints and weathering tools i used.

Regards: Voyager

hiapita

hi voyager I really like your model boat because i like the way it is weathered I think i will have a go at weathering my arkroyal. (I will be able to do that when i am about 12 years old)

hannah :) :) :)

Voyager

• Full Mayhemer

Thank you Hannah, may i say how nice it is to see a young lady getting into model boats.

Good on ya!

Voyager

farrow

The painting looks realistic, but I served on a steam boat, the old RMAS St Margaret's and one point that I notice with alto of steam vessels which burnt FFO is their nice neat clean funnels. Steam ship funnels usually discolour due to exhaust heat, especially small basic types like corvettes also where is all the black sticky muck that spews out all the time the boilers are flashed up. I ruined all my white shirts on the old Maggie due to oily soot raining down on me. Every thing near the funnel was black, it was an endless task washing the old girl down and painting the funnel.

sam_h

Hi voyager,

I have also got the kit from revell and was wondering if you filled in the holes at the back where the depth charges ran out off the rack. At the mayhem weekend I saw one that had the holes filled in, and it was completed and looked brilliant by the way, and was wondering if it is necessary as mine hasn't been filled in. I would rather know before I finish so I don't have to redo that much, but just want to find the general opinion.

I also think that the weathering is brilliant, but wondered if there was an easier way to do it.

Thanks
Sam

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC

Hi Sam
Sorry to jump in but I left mine in the open position and its fine.
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

mahoon

I've just finished my first R/C boat too - which, of course, is the iconic Snowberry :)

Happy that mine's about half as good as Voyagers!

Also I left the doors (for want of the correct terminology) at the stern open too - had no problems at all sailing. Getting in and out of the water/house/car without knocking them off is a different matter... :)

Pics at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mahoon/
Small, badly lit, badly edited, badly soundtracked vid:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tN5gxKibxjY

And having just read rmasmaster's comments - I'm going to have to do somthing about that way too clean funnel... :)

rem2007

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #87 on: September 21, 2007, 07:39:11 pm »

Hi all, just starting the Revell kit for Snowberry and wondering if anyone else is in the process of doing the same build presently and would like to rejuvenatethis thread. I intend to do an rc version and Voyager has sent me his photos and will be of assistance. I would appreciate the help and some folks to bounce ideas and photos off.
Robert

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #88 on: September 21, 2007, 08:09:58 pm »

Hi Robert you'd be best to start your own topic on your build rather than carry on with this one. O0
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 22 queries.