Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Imax b6ac+ charger  (Read 2425 times)

Ginger64

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Imax b6ac+ charger
« on: April 25, 2016, 07:59:49 pm »

Hi,got the above charger for some nimh packs,and to me it seems to stop charging too early. Even set on auto still does it. Would have thought it would take more than an hour to charge  a 4 cell reicever pack with only 3.4 volts in it. Any ideas.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Imax b6ac+ charger
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 08:51:15 pm »

Not the same charger but I've found this video  Very  useful!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvr-25yGeVk
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

imsinking

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 11:19:05 pm »

Hi,got the above charger for some nimh packs,and to me it seems to stop charging too early. Even set on auto still does it. Would have thought it would take more than an hour to charge  a 4 cell reicever pack with only 3.4 volts in it. Any ideas.

Hmm, your voltage should not be less than 4v for a four pack when fully discharged ,maybe it's knackered ?
I've got one of these iMAX(a genuine one) & my receiver packs are 5 cell (6v x 2500mah) AA's charging at the 2amp hr rate it's only 45-50 mins from flat to full charge, & I discharge them Monthly down to 5v using the charger . . .
The main motor battery's are 9.6v 5000mah sub C (8 cell) flat at 8v & full charge at 4ah is just over an hour , does heat up but I've got the temp' sensor system as well.
Bill

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 09:17:07 am »

Most smart chargers are only smart with a very limited range of conditions.  Step out of that range and they become ornaments.  Trickle charge for a day or two with a dumb charger, see what the pack is then like.  (Open circuit voltage, voltage under load, voltage after it has been under load for some time)
With the smart charger, after your hour, check the battery voltage without the charger connected, if possible, check it again under load.  A dud cell can reach its max voltage very quickly, but have very little in the way of mAH stored giving a very rapid and sudden lack of power after a short time in use.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

tizdaz

• Full Mayhemer
  • Boom!
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 08:07:14 pm »

Hiya,

A full charge under an hour is normal. I charge my tx packs (9.6v 8x AA cells) in around an hour, all depends on the capacity and charge rate. My charger is similar to yours. So i wouldnt worry too much unless they are going flat quickly when in use.

But as you say your only getting 3.4volts, if your pack is meant to be 4x AA (4.8V)? then it sounds like you have a dead cell maybe.

What type of battery pack are you using?
My large-scale TID Build Website: http://www.tizdaz.co.uk/forum

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/RCTidTug/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 21 queries.