Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: P100/P104 used on Fairmount Alpine  (Read 1692 times)

david48

• Full Mayhemer
P100/P104 used on Fairmount Alpine
« on: April 27, 2016, 11:48:48 am »

I am trying to come to terms with the P100/P100. The P94 is set to mode 1 .
How do I connect the lead marked Rx Throttle channel into the RX when the port and starboard motors are in to channels 3 and 4 . It has in the user manual it is daisy chain, just to clarify , I pick the lead marked T or S and plug that into P100 marked to ESC then plug Rx Throttle channel in to ch3 or 4 .
That will do for the time being ,one thing at a time . You were not wrong  Mr Milbourn  commission this is a bit of a task. Putting the wood together no problem the wires a different take on .
Thank you .
David     

Two heads are better than one sheep head  as my old plant manager used to say

inertia

Re: P100/P104 used on Fairmount Alpine
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 02:01:39 pm »

Mode 1 is 'tank steering'. In this mode P94 acts as two independent speed controllers (with no mixing) and the connections to the receiver are the same as you would connect those.  This means that the P94's inputs have to be from the port and starboard throttle channels - in your case these are the channels marked 3 and 4 on the receiver and correspond to the LH and RH Up/Down Tx stick movements.
You should connect the two motors so that the port motor is controlled by the LH Tx stick. A simple experiment will determine which pair of green screw terminals this is.
If either of the motors turns in the opposite way to the one you want then just swap over the two wires from the motor to the P94. DON'T reverse the battery connections!!
The P100 3-pin plug connects to pins H2 on the P94, with the black lead nearest to the outside edge of the circuit board. The engine sound will then follow whichever throttle channel you have connected the lead marked 'T' into.
The P100 socket lead is not used.
P104 connects directly to the receiver channel which is operated by the stick or switch which you have chosen to use for the "general" sounds.
The rudder servo is plugged directly into the receiver steering channel, not into P94.

DM

david48

• Full Mayhemer
Re: P100/P104 used on Fairmount Alpine
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 03:20:23 pm »

Thanks Dave ,the motors and rudder are sorted as you say ,it was the P100 that I was at a loss to understand, just been out and reset the plugs and the engine note is right for the tug , my unit can not have a start/stop programed in as it engine noise continues. To get the start/stop will I need the CD?
I have the P104 on the LH stick up/down.
Thank you for the help
Regards David
Two heads are better than one sheep head  as my old plant manager used to say
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 21 queries.