Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TVR1A linkage  (Read 3897 times)

kiwimodeller

• Full Mayhemer
TVR1A linkage
« on: May 08, 2016, 10:59:49 am »

I am sure I have seen a post about connecting the TVR1A forward/reverse lever to a servo but no amount of searching brings it up, just heaps of other posts about the engine. Can anybody give me a link to the previous thread? Alternatively I am looking for ideas to connect a servo in the stern of the hull to the reverse lever. Some type of bellcrank will be needed and it would be nice if someone who has done it all could offer advice on linkage ratios, size of servo etc. thanks, Ian.

Jerry C

• Full Mayhemer
Re: TVR1A linkage
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 05:44:30 pm »

This is how I did it. Copied from Jerrys steam launch wear in steam page two. About 9 pages from the end of the thread.

This morning my new engine driven feed pump arrived. I'm very pleased with it. So I'm going to take a break from the boat and get the steam plant boxed off. I made a start by removing the boiler ,gas tank and engine from the tray. Out 0f a 13 amp plug pin I cut, ground and filed a lever to attach to the reversing selector shaft for a servo to act on. I removed the spring steel reversing rod from the engine. I turned down the brass handle until it was a good fit in the plug pin and soft soldered it together. I had filed a step on the pin to locate the lever on the link connector. I reversed the spring steel rod and replaced it in the engine but with the detent bar swung through 180 degrees so now the rod slides on the smooth side of the detent bar. Fitted a clevis and now I have a simple reversing control. 

Jerry.

Report to moderator     Logged

kiwimodeller

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 09:28:08 am »

Thanks for that Jerry, I am sure that was the post I was thinking of. Regards, Ian.

Jerry C

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 10:07:41 am »

Sorry matey, for some reason site won't accept previous site pics, saying not correct type of jpg. If you trawl around on wear's thread the pics should clarify matters. Best of luck.
Jerry.

steam up

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 11:16:26 pm »

Check this page out you will find a number of different approaches  :-))
https://www.facebook.com/Modelsteamboats/

Landlocked

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 02:45:44 am »

kiwimodeller,

Here's my TVR1A linkage setup.  The arm is rotated on the replacement shifting lever (trimmed not to reach the notches on the otherside) a bit to allow for a better picture.  Servo pushes/pulls.

Landlocked

xrad

• Full Mayhemer
  • Keeper of the Sun Dried Tomato
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 01:18:15 pm »

I used a  dis-advantage right angle servo arm and two linkages on my Brookly tug.  The dis-advantage right angle servo arm has a short arm to servo via one link, and long arm to the TVR control lever. This will give the correct throw need to change position/direction. Standard servo will have enough force to easily move this set-up. 

Bernhard

• Full Mayhemer

Captain Povey

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2017, 09:22:32 am »

Her is a picture of my set up. Hope it helps. Graham

steam up

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2017, 09:45:03 am »

I use a very similar set up but mount the servo below deck level  :-))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 21 queries.