Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: F14 channel reversal  (Read 1382 times)

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer
F14 channel reversal
« on: June 01, 2016, 02:58:27 pm »

Silly question:  On my Planet T5 transmitter I have a row of switches on the front to reverse the action/direction of individual channels.

Is there any similar facility on the Robbe / Futaba F14 ?  I can't see anything obvious, inside or out.

I have just separated control of my stern and bow rudders, that were controlled together via a reversing Y lead inside the ship, from one channel.  Now I want to control them separately on individual channels.  I should be able to do this on the transmitter, otherwise I will have to fit a servo lead with reversing board inside the hull.
HMS Skirmisher (1905), HMS Amazon (1906), HMS K9 (1915), Type 212A (2002), HMS Polyphemus (1881), Descartes (1897), Iggle Piggle boat (CBBC), HMS Royal Marine (1943), HMS Marshall Soult, HMS Agincourt (1912)

unbuiltnautilus

• Portsmouth Model Boat Display Team
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: F14 channel reversal
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 03:08:30 pm »

Open the back of the set. You will find a row of three pin 'servo' style plugs top left inside the Tx. Each one of these is connected to a channel. To reverse the channels output, simply unplug the appropriate plug that corresponds to the channel you wish to change over. Turn it round 180 degrees and plug it back onto the same three sticky up pins. hey presto, very manual channel reverse.
Listen politely, nod approvingly, then do what you want, works for me!

colin-d

• Full Mayhemer
    • my hobby
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 03:12:28 pm »

Hi Bob,
Open the transmitter... inside you will see were the individual channels are... We're the leads conect to the board...

Just turn the lead around of the selected channel... for example is the impulse wire (white/orange) was at the top pin of the board, turn through 180 deg. so it goes on the bottom pin on the board...

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 03:26:56 pm »

Thanks guys.  That was easy - when you know how.
I had seen those plugs with leads but thought they were just the leads to connect the stick-pots to the board.

All done and does what I want.  Thank you   :-))
HMS Skirmisher (1905), HMS Amazon (1906), HMS K9 (1915), Type 212A (2002), HMS Polyphemus (1881), Descartes (1897), Iggle Piggle boat (CBBC), HMS Royal Marine (1943), HMS Marshall Soult, HMS Agincourt (1912)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 21 queries.