Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Servo control question  (Read 6381 times)

g6swj

• Full Mayhemer
  • Short Wave Jammer! -.-
Re: Servo control question
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2016, 09:17:54 am »

Brian,

I think you are on the lines of having one Arduino function that controls both park and raise/lower positioning sequentially

Logic something like:

Action lower: if in park/ lower / switch on user rotation control
Action raise: disable user rotation / go to park position / raise

You could add proximity sensors ( micro switches/hall sensors & magnet etc) to check both raise/lower & park positions all attached to the Arduino analogue ports and add these sensor state checks into your Arduino function.

Also you would want to trigger this sequence from your TX - again Arduino attached to RX channel allow this. All possible with Arduino board costing less than £6 although I appreciate you are using a Mega. Your project sounds very complicated - I would suggest you may want to consider multiple Arduino's to separate out some of the functionality.

Have fun and keep us updated on your progress

Regards
Jonathan

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2016, 02:03:13 pm »

Spot on with that analogy Jonathon. I have two Arduino's the mega I bought just to control the azimuth unit - 9 degrees of freedom etc, except the imu I'm considering is 11 sensors! plus the Uno to interpret other units on the vessel, although I'm thinking another Mega for the analogue inputs/outputs would be better than the Uno

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2016, 05:43:27 pm »

Well I guess it's going to be a 9 DOF IMU with a seperate GPS chip. I cannot find an IMU that combines the accelerometer, magnetometer, gyroscope and the gps on one board. But I digress from the original question I asked.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries.