Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tight fit for QM2 in Hamburg.  (Read 9562 times)

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Tight fit for QM2 in Hamburg.
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2016, 11:15:40 pm »

Hey Nemo....did you get an souvenirs ? ...like a QM2 ashtray %), or a QM2 bath towel O0...or a QM2 coat hanger :embarrassed:....or is every thing  :police: chained down?

However glad you enjoyed it....... Derek

PS...... The Grand Banks....is this not a densely populated fishing boat area?....hence the 90 second blasts?
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Stu

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2016, 07:04:15 pm »

I have spent a lot of time on Mary and her two sisters the Elizabeth and the Victoria as I work for ABB.The Mary used to suffer with bad oil leaks on her pods as we were asked to look at them for carnival but carried out no work, on the vic and Liz we changed the thrust bearings out for the new heavy duty ones we supply as standard. 

Capt Podge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2016, 07:21:05 pm »

I did spot one wee thing that none of the crew apparently had spotted in an otherwise immaculate vessel (or rather its small cousin).......  ;)  OOps!

but did you spot the date (on the pics) Nemo....OOps!  {-) {-)

Must have been a great trip for you though, would love to try it for myself sometime....

Regards,

Ray.

Nemo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2016, 08:16:52 pm »

Hey Nemo....did you get an souvenirs ? ...like a QM2 ashtray %), or a QM2 bath towel O0...or a QM2 coat hanger :embarrassed:....or is every thing  :police: chained down?
However glad you enjoyed it....... Derek
PS...... The Grand Banks....is this not a densely populated fishing boat area?....hence the 90 second blasts?

Derek. I got 2 pairs of Cunard slippers (too small for me) - and  a nice set of toiletries was acquired for the missis who could not come on the trip, sorry 'Voyage' as Cunard likes us to call it. Unfortunately I could not get the dressing gown and towels in my suitcases as they were far too fluffy ok2,  so that was about it. Not forgetting an invite to the Captains Cocktail Party - pity it was full of snobs - but the free champers made up for them!

Actually, when the fog cleared, I spotted several large stationary fishing vessels, but whether we were still  on the Banks  I know not.

This ship is amazing, despite 2600+ passengers and almost the same amount of crew, walking around the ship it seems deserted at times due to its size. Public rooms were extremely elegant and the furnishings and décor were outstanding in my humble opinion. It has to be on your bucket list boys!
* I have never, ever slept on a better bed!  Full marks Cunard  :-))
Bob.

Nemo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2016, 08:29:13 pm »

This nice model was on display on QM2. Named 'The Swan' I cannot remember it's history. Maybe someone here can identify it? Note the dinky toolbox, complete with tools. It is a fine piece of steam model engineering.
Bob.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2016, 08:45:59 pm »

Yes, the bed was just amazing....

Colin

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2016, 09:31:26 pm »

PS to last post. The beds are made by Sealy and you can buy them yourself. They are supposed to be the same as the ones on board:

https://shop.sealy.co.uk/cunard/

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1888438

Colin
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 22 queries.