Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Aziz maiden voyage  (Read 11518 times)

Re: Aziz maiden voyage
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2008, 09:24:20 am »

FullLeatherJacket     I didi not received from you mail with plan. Please mail it again, if possible. Tganks

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2008, 11:30:18 pm »

Regret I'm unable to send any attached files to you over the Forum; it's not designed to do that. I'll need your regular E-mail address, but you can send that to me in a Private Message.
FLJ

Adam

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2008, 06:43:54 pm »

Some pics of a Aziz in heavy weather (without sinking  8))

And an other one

And a last one

More pics on this site

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2008, 07:11:46 pm »

Very impressive Adam, that should upset Ken, all those waves and it didn't sink.
Great photos.
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2008, 07:15:37 pm »

Yes, this is quite normal. Very buoyant ships.  (if you batten down the hatches, which of course I forgot to do)

Great pictures Adam.

I hope to have some storm photo's soon.

Cheers...ken
Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

banjo

« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2008, 09:03:04 pm »

:o

Great Boat and great pics...

Tell me thats not salty sea water????

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2008, 07:37:43 pm »

if it is, a good washdown, and shaft lube will be ok.  I had Gemini in Salt water last year and no issues, all these fears, all i did when I got home, was pop the shaft, rince lube and put shaft back in.  no such issues :)
Go Nuclear!  you'll love it

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2008, 07:39:06 pm »

oh Adam, forgot to mention, try not to take waves beam-on, you're lucky NOT to roll her over ala bourbon dolphin,

awsome pics though!!

hama

« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2008, 07:59:01 pm »

Adam, very impressive pictures!! I'm glad I'm not the only one into this self destructive behavior! My own "stormy pics" suddenly seem a little lame in comparison, but then I guess my boat is half the size of yours. After checking out your link I wish I could be a member of your club, please show more of your fantastic action pictures in the future.
Hama

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2008, 07:38:17 am »

How many galons of water you pumped out of hull after this voyage?

crzydoyle11

« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2008, 11:42:20 am »

That is Great shot of the Aziz going thou some great waves. Did it take on much water after that? I only ask because I to have a Aziz as well. But really that is a great job shooting both pictures.

Adam

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2008, 12:01:04 pm »

For all it's worth, its not mine Aziz, but from an other Dutch guy.  ???

Stavros

« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2008, 04:50:03 pm »

Stavros,

I'm sorry but this is an unacceptable posting no matter how strong your feelings may be and do not show us in the friendly welcoming manner we wish to portray.  If you have an issue with anyone it would be best if you could take it up with them off line.

Thank you

Bunkerbarge

andygh

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2008, 05:58:54 pm »

Blimey  ::) consider yourself well & truly flamed

We actually try very hard to avoid that here

wombat

• Full Mayhemer
  • The view from the shallow end of the gene pool
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2008, 09:36:20 pm »

I think there is a little bit of harsh comment about the Aziz.

Yes it has a very low back deck and you need to seal the large hatch to prevent water getting in. If you want a model of an AHSV, you gotta live with that. If you want to drive it like a speedboat then the bow wave will break over the rear deck. If the water is so rough that it is constantly taking water onot the rear deck then it will ship water.  Nothing to do with poor design, everything to do with the laws of physics. If you want to drive it in rough waters either seal the deck or fit a bilge pump or live with the consequences.

It is a cracking model - good looking, challenging but not impossible for a moderately capable builder. If you sail it sensibly it will not ship water - be a bit more rash and it will ship water - but unless you have ballasted it stern low it can ship a hell of a lot before you even notice -  I have emptied in excess of a litre out of mine without having noticed it was sitting low in the water.

Wom
The prat in the hat - www.floatingwombat.me.uk - Have look & say Hi

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2008, 01:20:14 pm »

Agreed Wom,

It's OK saying 'the world is coming to and end' but if you do nothing about it, what's the point?!?!  Lets keep any
criticism constructive or phrase them in the form of questions .... in that way we for our own part can make the
whole world of model boats just that little bit more friendly!

Martin  :)

PS. 212 we may be doing you a great injustice here because of a suspected/apparent language barrier and the perceived critical tone may not be intended. But just be aware that many on-line translators can make friendly expressions sound very curt.  :(

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Stavros

« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2008, 04:13:52 pm »

Bunkerbarge sorry but you are so wrong in removing the post

212 why have you an issue with Model Slipway come on be a man and not a mouse come out with it spill the beans.

If you cant give a constructive critisism well simply go away

Stavros

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2008, 06:56:10 pm »

Well, I've just read through the whole thread again and basically there seems to have been just the one critical comment (possibly lost in translation) about Model Slipway's instructions which I think Wombat answered very well.

Sorry Stavros, but Bunkerbarge was quite right to edit your post. It was a classic "flamer" in full Technicolor and totally against the rules. There was no way it could be allowed to stand. I don't think that the single comment in 212's post implied a general issue with Model Slipway, he just didn't agree with the suggested method of fitting the aft deck hatch on one model. Has anyone got a copy of these instructions? Maybe Jackie would care to comment.

Much of the thread is taken up with the long standing ribbing of Tug Kenny for his efforts last year at Wicksteed and which, to his very great credit, he has taken in good part as being the friendly joshing it is.

Colin

andygh

« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2008, 09:00:48 pm »

Have to agree with you Colin, there is really nothing in 212's comments to warrant so much abuse. It seems far too innocuous to be taken so personally, Im at a bit of a loss ???

Everyones opinion is valid, even if it isn't accurate  :-\

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2008, 07:21:16 pm »

All it takes to ensure the hatch of the Aziz is locked and secure, is a lip under the front end, a spar on the hull towards the rear, with two screws going into the spar from the hatch, this is exactly how I have secured the hatch on Nord Icelandia, which has the same hull profile, and a hatch in the same place as Aziz.

thats if you want a flat top look.  using Kenny's combing and container idea works just as well.

« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2008, 07:43:28 am »

I was planing to purchase model of Aziz. That is all. I was making research, what kind of kit is it. Because my calculation is showing me final price about 800 euros.After pictures, I can see on this page and on Internet, I will purchase some different kit. It is just my personal oppinion. Not bad language about quality of this kit. Sorry.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2008, 09:01:51 am »

I've seen several builds of this kit and it does make an outstanding model but like everything, the finish product depends on the modeller not the kit. A good kit just makes it easier to achieve a high quality model.

The Aziz is a low freeboard offshore type vessel and there are many pictures on 'tinternet' on such full size vessels becoming almost swapped, so with that in mind, the astute modeller would take adequate precautions in sealing the aft desk.... common sense really.
Don't 'just hope for the best'...... I used that many times and "hope" glue is crap!  ;)
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Model_Slipway

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2008, 09:25:55 am »

The price for Aziz in Euros is not correct. Our online catalogue shows 401 euros for the kit and the most you will pay is 75 euros carriage to Slovakia, Poland etc.  Please contact us for a quotation.  For more details on the build of the model why not visit our website at www.modelslipway.com and click on Aziz Builds or look at the Kit Review. 

As Martin correctly says a low freeboard OSV/AHTS means some water on deck.

Jackie

« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2008, 02:21:38 pm »

Text removed pending Moderator investigation. Colin

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2008, 02:59:53 pm »

This is reason, why I will buy different tug boat, not AZIZ/Arif

Then why not just do it, eh? I spent half an hour doing that drawing for you and I'm not wasting any more time trying to help you.
I'm sure no-one else on this forum would blame me.
It strikes me that you never had any intention of buying this kit; you just wanted some platform to make mischief for Model Slipway.
If you want something complete, ready-built and unsinkable then might I suggest you go and buy an airbed?  >:(

FLJ
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 22 queries.