Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Waverunner Mk3 bait boat  (Read 6659 times)

sy1975

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Waverunner Mk3 bait boat
« on: June 19, 2016, 04:03:08 pm »

Hi All,
I have a Waverunner Mk3 bait boat 2.4ghz that I would like to refit. The reason for this is that I have a damaged motherboard, so, being a person who like to make my own repairs ect, I am planning a refit to give me better control over any future faults.

I am not a RC expert so this is going to be a learning curve, can anyone help ? . I would like to keep the functioning of the boat the same , 2 independent motors, controlled via a single stick on the handset.  This is a twin independent hopper boat , also has two independent hook drop points, the lights can be turned on and off via the 6 Channel remote control handset.

I would like to separate the individual parts required for the refit to enable future repairs to be carried out easily and cost effectively.

Many thanks in advance for any replies or help you can give me.

Best regards
Sy

PS Forgot to say hi all  :-) :-) !!!

sy1975

• Shipmate
Re: Waverunner Mk3 bait boat
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 04:39:59 pm »

Just to add, if anyone has a parts list and maybe a wiring diagram for such a refit, I would be very very grateful.

Many thanks

Sy

Tugtower

• Full Mayhemer
  • Owner of The RCMB Forum
    • RCMB Forum
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 12:39:12 am »

For independent motor control of one stick you will need to buy 2 separate esc units with the correct amp ability a for your motors and a mixer unit.
Or you can splash out on ACTions p94 or its smaller 10amp brother, which is an all in one unit for just that purpose.

Either option is expensive with the p94 more so then the first suggestion, but well worth it's money in its ability a but honestly lost on a bait boat!

You will also I expect have to buy a new remote for your project as I do t know your ability a to mod what you have to work with new electronics, it's unlikely you could get the current transmitter to work as I expect the receiver is part of the machines circuit board, so you will have to cough up a bit more on a new transmitter, there are cheap ones out there like the flysky from hobby King, which is 5 channels, search around for a bargain.

I can only assume you will need several servos for other functions.

Honestly it might just be worth buying a new one.

Or another cheaper option.... One I use and doesn't add headache to my fishing....sling shot the bait in!

inertia

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 08:37:17 am »

I am not an expert in bait boats but I do know a bit about ACTion electronics and how they are used. P94 is not much more expensive than two separate ESCs and a mixer (unless you buy stuff from China).
This is the basic set-up for a P94.  http://www.action-electronics.co.uk/pdfs/Basic%20P94%20set-up.pdf  You can use the RH Up/Down stick to operate the throttle instead of the LH stick; it's a simple matter of plugging the lead marked T into the correct receiver socket. The motors you have don't need replacing and you don't need a rudder servo either.
The hopper releases are probably operated by one servo moving to the selected "side", while the two line releases are similar. It's possible that the exisiting servos could be used. If you have a 5 channel radio then the fifth channel can be used for switching the lights. There is no need for a sixth (motor trim) channel - that function is done with the trim lever on the RH stick.
P94 is not compatible with some makes and models of radio. I can however recommend the Hitec Optic 5 or Spektrum Dx5e; both are 2.4GHz sets.
DM

sy1975

• Shipmate
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 04:55:44 pm »

Thanks for the fantastic information guy's, this has got me on the right path. The P94 looks like it will achieve the movement of the boat how I would like it perfectly.

The other part of the problem in maintaining the functions of the hoppers and hook release systems are likely a little more tricky if I am to reuse the existing components.

Currently the boat has the following functionality :-

Twin independent hopper release which have a magnetic type release in place
Twin independent hook release which have a solenoid release in place
LED lighting that can be controlled from the handset turned on and off with the front light only operating whilst the motors are running forward.

To achieve the above I expect I will need some kind of switching circuit, Action P62 Quadswitch maybe ??,  I have seen these on the same site you suggested,  tho I have never used, it does look like it could be capable of the job, but ideally I would like a 12v unit.

Any thoughts ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 23 queries.