Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Futaba module  (Read 2645 times)

Roy

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Futaba module
« on: June 23, 2016, 03:06:16 pm »

Does anyone know if there is an internal module on 2.4gh that will fit
inside a Futaba challenger FP-T6NL transmitter ? 

jarvo

• Full Mayhemer
  • Etherow model boat club
Re: Futaba module
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 03:23:44 pm »

Hi Roy, the Futaba modules are for external use, they plug into the rear of the transmitter, i am having one fitted to a non module TX by our club electronics expert, but he is going to hard wire it into the TX, mine will us the FHSS system but the Fasst system is just the same, {to me it is just a black box with a plug on the back}

Where are you, maybe he could help???

Regards

Mark
Tugs are for pulling

Roy

• Shipmate
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 04:49:26 pm »

Hi Mark
Thanks for your prompt reply, I already have a Hi-Tec transmitter with a external plug
in module on 2.4 . I have looked inside the Futaba transmitter and seen that there is
a plug in p c board regulating the frequency and it was that ,which I wondered could it  be changed?.
If it can't be changed then I would have to use the method you suggest but to hard wire this
in is possibly a bit beyond my expertise so would likely need some assistance but as my
Futaba is not new would it be worth my while bothering because of the cost when modern
day r c equipment is so reasonable ? I am in Wakefield West Yorkshire by the way.

Thanks again

Regards

Roy

spearfish99

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 04:55:43 pm »

Roy,

If it has a trainer socket, it should be relatively easy to use one of the frSky 2.4 ghz hack units.  Whether it is economic given that that will have to buy a matching Rx is debatable. The unit works well , I have a Graupner/Jr  Tx converted using one of these and have another to convert a Graupner MC-12 Tx. Will even give telemetry if you buy a slightly more expensive rx!

http://www.t9hobbysport.com/frsky-dht-2.4ghz-telemetry-diy-module

jarvo

• Full Mayhemer
  • Etherow model boat club
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 10:25:36 am »

Roy and Spearfish, i agree with the economy view, how old is your TX? and how much use has it had? if its lightly used i would convert, but if it's getting a bit worn new gear may be the way forward, i bought my Futaba T6's from ebay and spare receivers as well, also spares are readily available for ripmax, if you needed to replace sticks or switches, you can talk to them direct but only buy from a shop, they won't sell direct to you.

Regards the plug in board i don't know, are you in a club with an electronics man available, if not i could have a word with our guy, he converted my Robbe F14 navy to 2.4ghz without much trouble.

Regards

Mark
Tugs are for pulling

Roy

• Shipmate
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 04:30:34 pm »

Hi Mark and Spearfish,
Thank you both for your info, I feel this is not going to be as quick a conversion
as I thought it was going to be.  Because of the age of the tx I think I will retire it back to the dusty shelf and go down the route of a new set of gear. Thanks again for your time and patience.

Regards

Roy

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2016, 05:32:56 pm »

I converted my Dad's old Challenger set easily with a Corona diy module. He's just upgraded to a  computer radio,as the old set was getting a bit restrictive, but it worked fine, and if you don't need the bells and whistles of a more advanced rig, it's a quick and easy conversion provided you can solder well.

If I was doing it now, i would probably use an orange (spektrum) module, as the range of receivers is larger, and they're peanuts.

Having said that, with the price of 2.4ghz kit these days, think I'd just pick up something like a used DX6i.

Roy

• Shipmate
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2016, 06:20:22 pm »

Thanks again to everybody for the response to my enquiry, I think I'll
let it lie now and possibly search for more modern gear.
Regards and happy sailing.

Roy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 21 queries.