Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Boating pools/ponds in N.Wales  (Read 10217 times)

thegrimreaper

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Boating pools/ponds in N.Wales
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2016, 05:24:50 pm »

Floats my boat I saw what you did there lol  {-) {-) {-)
I like sailing my subs the wife like`s videoing and photography so we combine both hobbies cant see a problem in that by posting on the tinterweb lots of folk get to see what we sail and possibly gives them idea`s aboud having a go themselves they also get to see people of all ages enjoying a hobby that anyone can have a go at oh yea and the odd grump as well lol.

Mark.

Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.

dave301bounty

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2016, 10:55:37 pm »

CAN YOU tell me ,do you go to the lake at n b because its the only one you can use ,and ,,,are you the person who has nemos cod eyed boat going  round and round .?curious me as to ,,you were not in any of the services were you?.

imsinking

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2016, 11:49:18 pm »

CAN YOU tell me ,do you go to the lake at n b because its the only one you can use ,and ,,,are you the person who has nemos cod eyed boat going  round and round .?curious me as to ,,you were not in any of the services were you?.
If you mean Mark (Thegrimreaper) yes , he has the Engel Nautilus, a nifty rescue / rebuild job that looks the business now, there was another Nautilus but that's gone to foreign parts . . .
Mark's other boats are a Typhoon class Russian sub' Engel again  (built from new) and a U Boat , another rescue & rebuild , also had a GATO , that's emigrated tho' , he does the submarine meets all over the country when they can get there . . . .
In the services ? Hmm , I couldn't possibly comment  <*< 
Bill

thegrimreaper

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2016, 12:27:31 pm »

N.B is the only lake in the area except Hoylake would not contemplate putting a sub in the local canal at Ellesmere port to many shopping trolleys in there lol as to the services no not the armed services but .....?

Mark.

Thanks for the list Bill but you forgot the Thunder Tiger dropped off the end of the earth that at the moment
U47 sold to a guy at a sub dive in down London now over in France as a mine layer
Akula went up to the other side of Hadriens wall
Vanguard went up to Newcastle way
H.M.S. Trenchant went to Dave from the club then quietly fell of the face of the earth
oh and now have the Sheerline Ohio as a restoration job.

dave301bounty

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2016, 08:07:01 pm »

Just been reading these letters ,about the new brighton lake ,was told by a prominent person on how there are a few Facts that have gone missing  regarding this lake and the club that was ,,,,some facts do want clearing up ,but I shall wait till the meeting is on regarding this upcoming river festival etc .

BFSMP

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2016, 10:29:54 pm »

the stuff I/we fish out is incredible , shopping trolleys/ used nappies / broken bottles etc

Don't suppose you came across my Dads MKV Cortina? stolen some years ago?

I saw that one in the Llangollen canal about 18 years ago when I nearly ran aground on it in a narrow boat I was holidaying on.

A light blue one wasn't it, lol

Jim.
life is like arranging deck chairs on the Titanic!

imsinking

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2016, 10:50:20 pm »

Just been reading these letters ,about the new brighton lake ,was told by a prominent person on how there are a few Facts that have gone missing  regarding this lake and the club that was ,,,,some facts do want clearing up ,but I shall wait till the meeting is on regarding this upcoming river festival etc .

Hmm, missing facts , meetings , prominent people,  sounds intriguing my friend . . . all over our heads (fortunately) politics are BANNED at the W M B Soc' , all we do is meet a couple of times a week sailing boats & endeavor to keep the lake area clean , for our own benefit initially tho' the public gain by this activity too . . .the old lake is gone , never to return , the N B C has disbanded , in fact some of their members still sail at the new lake , and swap tales from the past , so the future's looking promising.
Bill

dave301bounty

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2016, 11:20:33 am »

You meant to tell me you and your club have not been approached about a display of models and how they are made etc ,rather a lot to explain to you ,but I always thought you were savvy at that lake .shame ,but you may learn and possibly be interested .

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2016, 11:30:17 am »

If this is local / club issue, best it's kept off Forum please.
   :police:

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

thegrimreaper

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2016, 05:50:50 pm »

Not a local club issue Martin dont think anyone knows what dave301bounty is on about I am sure that if we had been approched by anyone about displaying models we would all know as Bill said no politics allowed at the club also no single prominent person at the club all are equals

Regards Mark.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 22 queries.