Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thanks for having me!  (Read 1918 times)

Phil Ciborowski

• Full Mayhemer
  • Live Long and Build Em All
Thanks for having me!
« on: June 28, 2016, 03:29:18 pm »

I joined the FB group the other day and figured why not here too!..

Soo where to start?  Well currently I live and work in Revere, Ma., but am from the sticks (east end) of Long Island, NY. (35 mins from the Hamptons).  Have been into RC boats/cars for almost my entire life... When I am not messing around with those things, I am an avid fan of NASCAR and F1, I am big into computers (built two of my own) and cars (have a '09 G8 GXP and a '14 SS). Not really into traditional sports but I love boating and jetskiing (have both) and when not out and about  enjoy video games, as well as HO trains and scale models. There are images below that are of two 8' display cases that I got from my old boss. I used to work at a hobby shop on weekends from black friday to Easter. Had been doing that from about 14, up to when he retired in 2005. The cases were too big for him and he figured I could use them.

Over the last few years I have picked up RC flying. Airplanes and flight are nothing new to me. I was planning to be an aeronautical engineer - heck placed 3rd in a national NASA contest in 1997, but things happened and I chose to teach art instead. After 6 years or so of doing that I made a big switch and now teach middle school technology (graphic and digital design mostly).

Along with the 15 or so RC airplanes (UMX and Parkflyer variety), I also have 4 1/16 airsoft tanks, and I have 5 boats - mostly proboat, but with mods or improvements.  I also just finished my first Model Slipways build (have a detailed build log over at RC Groups) and ordered an Assurance class tug to be my next project.

I look forward to learning as much as I can from everyone here.
http://philciborowski.weebly.com/

Stop by my site! It's always growing!

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Thanks for having me!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 04:13:29 pm »

Welcome to the real Mayhem Phil!   :-))
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 04:59:19 pm »

Welcome, glad to see another model flyer and model car collector.  You`ll have to introduce us to Downeaster lobster boats.
..well can you land on this?

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 09:55:15 pm »

Welcome Phil. We are a broad church what with excellet modellers like Ken with his gorgeous automotive projects and peoplelike T888 and Paul Sainson, Missy D  and Bob K etc etc etc who make gorgeous ships. I don't delve much into fast boats but I am sure there are also skilled individuals there as well:O)

And don't forget Eddie Solo who does some interesting scifi stuff as well as Tug Kenny who more than dabbles in 1:14th scale model trucks.

Lots and lots to see and do:O)
Pond weed is your enemy

Phil Ciborowski

• Full Mayhemer
  • Live Long and Build Em All
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 04:08:39 pm »

Thanks everyone - sadly I have no knowledge of the lobster boats - other than seeing them around.

I hope to be able to share more  of my upcoming build soon with the group.
http://philciborowski.weebly.com/

Stop by my site! It's always growing!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries.