Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Modelling Timbers - Excellent Service  (Read 2196 times)

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
Modelling Timbers - Excellent Service
« on: July 02, 2016, 05:52:56 pm »

I needed 80 1:48 scale 3 ball stanchions for current model having discovered that the Amati ones I had bought on spec at a sale in France years ago were just a bit too short.

I prefer to support UK traders and having had a look around, the best price seemed to be from Modelling Timbers.
Keith Jewell responded immediately to my query and they arrived within two days. Very pleased with that service.

Colin

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
Re: Modelling Timbers - Excellent Service
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 07:18:11 pm »

Very good Supplier :-))
No Brexit charges then Colin O0
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

Dave Cook

• Cookie
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Keep on Rockin
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 08:25:40 pm »

What an  say, good quality , right price , great service.

Dave  :-))

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 10:55:47 pm »

I need 1:48 stanchions soon and I'd already checked out this company, unfortunately they have Naval pattern in 1:96 and 1:72 but for some reason not in 1:48, so still looking. {:-{

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2016, 07:04:07 am »

He's a very good supplier, I've bought loads from him in the last few years, his communication is excellent, its just an awkward ordering system is all. Having seen the price on the online site, then having to email for a complete delivery price, then getting his paypal details by email all seems a little 'long in the tooth' compared to just clicking on a website.

But that aside, I can't fault him or his service, even 2-3 years ago when he was quite ill, he arranged for someone else to mail out the parts on his behalf.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2016, 09:45:07 am »

Brian, I suspect the 'awkward ordering system' is connected with the lower prices! It costs a lot of money to set up and maintain an online credit card ordering process and more to set up an automated inventory. If you are a small one man business with a relatively low turnover it just isn't economic.

I actually liked the personal touch!

Colin

Kipper

• Full Mayhemer
  • Bodgitts Dry Dock Co.
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2016, 08:58:57 pm »

I once ordered some of their flanged portholes, you have to order the rivets as a seperate item, I made the mistake of ordering the wrong size & number, but due to the 'awkward' ordering system it meant my email request was personally checked & the errors noticed.

I recieved a polite query about my selection, asking if ordered rivets were for the portholes in my order & if so, the discrepencies, I replied yes they were & could they please correct the order, which was duly done & I recieved exactly what I needed.

Had this been an order to the other online retailers, I would have recieved the incorrect size & not enough of them, that would've cost me extra for the correct bits & another payment for postage.

I like Modelling Timbers 'awkward' ordering system, it saved me money.  O0 O0 O0
Im gonna need a bigger shed.

Buccaneer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2016, 09:16:01 pm »

It must be 3 or 4 years since I ordered some pieced from Keith but they were quality fittings and excellent service. I met him at a show as well and he is a very nice person. My style of boat doesn't require much that Keith does but I would definitely use him again and recommend him.

John

Robbie11

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2016, 09:21:41 am »

I've ordered from Modelling Timbers on a couple of occassions, cannot fault the service and the quality of products. Their 1/96 20mm Oerlikons are a work of art, put the rest of my build to shame!!
A highly recommended supplier!
Robbie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 21 queries.