Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Daily mirror sailing dingy model  (Read 2978 times)

rayna

• Full Mayhemer
Daily mirror sailing dingy model
« on: July 05, 2016, 07:55:48 am »

Hi, I  have one of these tidy little models which has been on the shelf for years. It has two servos mounted on the centre seats and one for rudder other for main sheet. Can anyone tell me a suitable sheet arrangement for it that uses the servo arm to operate as I have never had it operational since being given it years ago.
many thanks in advance.
Raynor J

rickles23

• Full Mayhemer
    • Royal Navy Commandos
Re: Daily mirror sailing dingy model
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 09:24:51 am »

Hi,

What type of sail rig have you on the Mirror?

http://www.ukmirrorsailing.com/images/rigging/documents/basic_rigging_guide_with_gunter_rig_diagram.pdf

Have you photos of your model? Then we can go from there.

Regards

rayna

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 11:13:37 am »

The model was ex UK has a plastic hull and single sail on alloy boom. As originally supplied it was almost ready to sail so understand there would have been a standard arrangement. That is what I am trying to get a handle on. Will post a picture with some dimensions tomorrow. Just looking at the servo and thinking that with a single long arm it will probably give enough travel to work the main sheet.
regards and thanks
Raynor

rickles23

• Full Mayhemer
    • Royal Navy Commandos
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 11:39:42 am »

Hi,

Yes you have the right idea and if you are close to a model shop you should be able to get the extended arm to fit your servo.

Using an arm winch is easy to set up but you will need either a small screw eye or a small pulley.

Regards

Nemo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 05:36:31 pm »

Hi Raynor. I recently built the Osborn Mirror dinghy kit at 1/6scale. It is all wood unlike yours, but should be easy to fit your own r/c bits wherever you want. I did a lot of headscratching before I managed to get the servo and sail arm under the foredeck  and the batteries, rudder servo and received easily under the aft deck so everything is out of sight which makes a better looking model. Most make up their own rigs as it is difficult to replicate the 1/1 setup. However, mine works fine with a bit of fiddling to adjust to wind conditions and she sails very well. Not a great video, but see here -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f1i4E0mqV4&feature=youtu.be

This is the Nemo Mirror rig .....
Best of luck.
Bob.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 22 queries.