Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Frustrated .. Looking for something that does not exist ....  (Read 2799 times)

BASS 666

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!

hi peeps my name is Gary and im from Belfast .. i bought my first rc boat about 3 months ago it was a PROBOAT 48 INCH CAT with 26 cc petrol engine ..

to keep a very long story short i got rid of it for reasons some of you might know if you've had the displeasure of owning one ..  RTR  {-) {-)  iv been into rc everything for 30 years so im not a complete noob but i cant seem to find the boat im looking for anywhere on the planet ..

granted iv only ever had one rc boat but iv been around them and fixed them for people over the years so i sort of know what im looking for ..

im trying to find a fast electric self righting boat and iv had no luck in three weeks .. the one i really want is the DRAGON SWORD 660EP but Dragon just seem to have disappeared of the face of the earth and any shops that still advertise them on the net do NOT have them in stock but still take your money if you pay them ....

iv looked at a few boats and none of them excite me at all and im looking for something bigger than what is available ... so can anyone enlighten me as to what is out there that self rights and is a good boat to start my electric boating career of with ? ....

thanks guys ....

SJG001

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Frustrated .. Looking for something that does not exist ....
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 09:10:03 pm »

Actually know the boat you refer to and I think you should give JP Perkin a shout (http://jperkins.com/) - They may be able to point you to a UK retailer  - You could try buying from the EU but that might be expensive at the moment  >>:-( as I have just found out.

BASS 666

• Shipmate
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 10:36:40 pm »

Actually know the boat you refer to and I think you should give JP Perkin a shout (http://jperkins.com/) - They may be able to point you to a UK retailer  - You could try buying from the EU but that might be expensive at the moment  >>:-( as I have just found out.
trust me brother i have tried everyone in the uk including JP but it doesn't exist .... im open to other boats and iv looked at many but they just dont do it for me ....

im hoping someone will chirp in and tell me about something i don't know about lol ....

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 10:56:58 pm »

I may have found one for sale in Finland, just waiting on confirmation.... however the shop will not ship outside of Finland (trust me I've tried)
I can investigate shipping it to my place in Finland and then forwarding it on, but be warned shipping prices from Finland are some of the highest in Europe. Especially on larger parcels
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

BASS 666

• Shipmate
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 11:32:00 pm »

I may have found one for sale in Finland, just waiting on confirmation.... however the shop will not ship outside of Finland (trust me I've tried)
I can investigate shipping it to my place in Finland and then forwarding it on, but be warned shipping prices from Finland are some of the highest in Europe. Especially on larger parcels
hi essex thank you very much for the offer and if its no bother will you follow up on the sale and let me know .. its appreciated big time and thanks again for the help ....

SJG001

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 12:44:47 pm »

trust me brother i have tried everyone in the uk including JP but it doesn't exist .... im open to other boats and iv looked at many but they just dont do it for me ....

im hoping someone will chirp in and tell me about something i don't know about lol ....

OK Try http://www.modellsport.gr/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=8484&language=en

There is a few retailers in the UK who had it but all showing out of stock - it could mean it has finished its production run

Importing into the UK can be tricky, particularly if over zealous customs officers get involved. (Had packages delayed, damaged and destroyed <:( )

BASS 666

• Shipmate
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2016, 07:47:37 pm »

OK Try http://www.modellsport.gr/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=8484&language=en

There is a few retailers in the UK who had it but all showing out of stock - it could mean it has finished its production run

Importing into the UK can be tricky, particularly if over zealous customs officers get involved. (Had packages delayed, damaged and destroyed <:( )

i looked at that site as well but i will drop him an email and see whats what ... thank you ..
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 21 queries.