Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Electronize Speed Controllers......43 HX  (Read 1501 times)

greyman14

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Electronize Speed Controllers......43 HX
« on: July 24, 2016, 05:50:23 pm »

I have used an Electronize Speed Controller 43 HX in my  Pilot Boat for over 25 years and have had excellent performance from this unit.  Originally I bought the HYDRAFIBRE Pilot Boat model -second hand- from a small local Model Shop in Bournemouth but the Model I have discovered was built in full FIBREGLASS hull  and with TWO superstructures ( optional choice of topsides cabin ) The Pilot has been modified three times and the other structure built as the MOD Range Boat ( stationed at Weymouth in the 1970s)has been improved since with working radar. Interestingly HYDRAFIBRE are no longer in business and were located in Gosport ( a private garage ? ) and then Waterlooville  I was delighted when a fellow SOLENT RCMYBC Club member gave me an original catalogue showing other craft modelled by this "firm " . I therefore think the models were made by some professional boat builders and made as a scale reproduction sideline - what a pity that they are no longer built with such scantline strength it seems as the hull is about 2.5 cms th.  - " tough as old boot - eh?  glass hopper"

unbuiltnautilus

• Portsmouth Model Boat Display Team
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Electronize Speed Controllers......43 HX
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 05:17:08 pm »

Hydrafibre/Aries Services was based in Waterlooville, Hulbert Road. I believe he worked at Halmatic, Havant for his proper work. I think that is where his skills with fibreglass came from. He moulded me a shark in four bits back in 1987, didn't look much like a shark till I attached fins though. My mould, my fault!
I remember his Type 21 and Leander frigates ( in fact, I have a Leander hull at home at the moment :-) ), both built to the rather odd scale of 1/64, not so odd if they may have started life as Admiralty test tank models, surely not!!?
Listen politely, nod approvingly, then do what you want, works for me!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 21 queries.