Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eyesight worry  (Read 6007 times)

spearfish99

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Eyesight worry
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2016, 04:03:18 pm »

No local ones around here anymore Dave, all been bought out by the big chains. I do appreciate what you are saying though, you can't beat years of experience but the new kit does make a difference in levelling things up a bit as it offers more facilities than were previously available.

Colin

Being diabetic, I have to have an annual retinopathy check whereby my retina is photographed.  The local NHS centre is good, but their equipment means that my eyes have to have drops put in to dilate them before the photos are taken. After this, I can't drive for 6 hours and it is relatively uncomfortable  All the local opticians like Specsavers offer the same service but their newer kit means no drops and no discomfort.  The NHS says that they have looked at the newer kit but can't afford it

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2016, 04:21:09 pm »

Swimbo asked her local Boots optometrist about this.
She was told the drops are needed to to do a close up
scan.

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

kpnuts

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2016, 08:09:24 pm »

Hi all just an update had all the tests redone and the lower quarter of my left eyes peripheral vision is missing they took a picture of my retina and all looks OK so I've been referred to the hospital but the pressure in that eye is high they think I may have to have eye drops to lower the pressure or I may have to have a small operation on that eye to releive the pressure (apparently the pressure distorts the eyeball and can have various effects this being one of them) so not a real worry either way.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2016, 08:50:02 pm »

About the same as me then. It should be possible to stabilise things. They will try drops first to get the pressure down and if that is not fully effective then the drainage duct from the the eye is enlarged which hasn't so far been necessary in my case.

If there is a long wait for the hospital appointment then it may be worth talking to your GP about going private for the consultant. The GP should then authorise eyedrops as prescribed by the consultant. I see my consultant every six months at the moment at £105 a session. Money well spent as far as I am concerned.

Anyway, panic over for the moment then!

Colin

grendel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2016, 11:58:05 pm »

I have just had an eye test, my prescription for my reading glasses was +5.75 for my good eye and +7.25 for the bad one, the prescription for my distance glasses was +3.5 for the good eye, +5 for the bad. +3.5 is the strongest they do in reading glasses in the non prescription section, yet despite that when wearing them I can still make models.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 21 queries.