Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Model Slipway Trent Lifeboat Motors  (Read 3136 times)

HMS Vanguard 2016

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Model Slipway Trent Lifeboat Motors
« on: October 31, 2016, 11:12:41 am »

Hello all,

I've just purchased a model slipway Trent lifeboat kit. In the instruction manual it lists the graupner speed 600 eco and robbe 600/21 vent motors as suitable for the kit. However, both of these motors are no longer available so I was wondering if anyone could recommend a suitable alternative to this.

Regards

flack

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Model Slipway Trent Lifeboat Motors
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 06:16:01 pm »

Being a relatively modern boat the Trent had a reasonable turn of speed so would benefit from a pair of brushless motors. I have used twin Tornado Thumper V3 4260/06 500KV - Brushless Outrunner RC Motors in several of my boats and paired them with Fusion Hawk 60 amp speed controllers, may be a little too powerful for the Trent but there are alternatives.  Have a look at http://www.overlander.co.uk/motors.html for alternative motors and http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/ for the speed controllers.

Shaun

rnli12

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 08:11:08 pm »

Hi,

I have a full set up with 2 graupner eco 600s and the Action electronics set up on the,sales board if your interested.

Regards,

Rich
Regards,

Rich

HMS Vanguard 2016

• Shipmate
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 11:46:23 am »

Thanks for the information Shaun, I will have a look on those sites. Thanks for the offer Rich, I initially planned to use brushed motors but I think I'm going to go for brushless now. Although they are more expensive there are benefits and it seems brushed motors are becoming a bit old hat. Are the action electronic units good quality?

Karl

rnli12

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 05:43:23 pm »

Karl,

No problem and never had any iisues with the Action stuff, dont think some of their ESC can be used for brushless though.

rICH
Regards,

Rich

Stavros

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 08:52:07 pm »

I can vouch for ACTion products,been using them for years they are spot on far superior to others on the market and none of the hype about how many Amps they will handle....and they dont burst into flames like some others.

All ACTion Esc's are for Brushed motors BUT they also sell Esc's for Brushless as well but Alas as yet not their own

Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 22 queries.