Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ebay shady dealing again...  (Read 8487 times)

StarLocAdhesives/FiveStar

• Full Mayhemer
    • StarLoc FiveStar quality adhesives and glues at FMK
Re: Ebay shady dealing again...
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2016, 11:58:28 am »

On ebay at the bottom of the page it says sellers details link, any legally trading commercial seller needs the correct address here if not a commercial seller than no need ,
It is the sellers address not the item location at thee top is purely that the location of the item not the sellers location.
For a buyer its more important to note item location to prevent duty being required to be paid unless it is prepaid using the ebay service they have on some listings.

Formulators and manufacturers of quality adhesives and surface coatings for industrial , DIY & modelling sectors since 1988
See us online   www.shop-4-glue.com
on ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/gianthairyhedgehog/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2016, 03:07:57 pm »

Ok been dong a bit of ebay shopping. Yep I knew it was a Chinese seller - nowadays they just have to be :} However I just ordered 4 items from 1 seller allegedly in the UK. In other words I browsed their shop and made 4 separate purchases all of them priced in sterling.

What a surprise to find that paypal had to inform me to pay for each item separately because there were different currencies involved. Hong Kong $, Australian $, US $, and good old UK£ :} In total the parts only came to just over a tenner so it wasn't the cost, its the delivery time, the one priced in aussie dollars is a 6 week window!

NFMike

• Full Mayhemer
    • Plague Marine Services
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2016, 03:23:39 pm »

. In other words I browsed their shop and made 4 separate purchases all of them priced in sterling.
You do need to be careful as often ebay shows a 'converted' price in sterling as the big number. If you look at the rest of the listing you'll likely find references to the underlying currency.

Plastic - RIP

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Bobbing Along!
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2016, 03:34:37 pm »

The converted price is usually in italics so you know it's coming from overseas.

But you're in Spain buying in pounds (Banking in uk?) - probably totally confusing the system.

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2016, 09:38:51 pm »

Not really. I use a sterling based PayPal account and my son's uk address for delivery. So it's just like any other uk based buyer.
But as I say, the prices were ok for me so no quibble over them, just why can't they be up front BEFORE the checkout?

It's like going to Tesco, filling your trolley and when getting to the checkout telling you that they want payment in 4 different currencies.

Plastic - RIP

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Bobbing Along!
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2016, 09:47:39 pm »

Which country/locality is your computer set for? If it thinks it's in Spain it may be your problem.

Maybe you could solve all your problems by getting your son to buy things for you - UK/UK/UK all the way.

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2016, 10:46:32 pm »

Not really. I use a sterling based PayPal account and my son's uk address for delivery. So it's just like any other uk based buyer.
But as I say, the prices were ok for me so no quibble over them, just why can't they be up front BEFORE the checkout?

It's like going to Tesco, filling your trolley and when getting to the checkout telling you that they want payment in 4 different currencies.

No.
Take note of Plastics comment. These days web sites note your IP address and act accordingly. Even Hobbyking greets me with Hi Aussie customer and I am only browsing???
That is why if you try to get around it, it picks you up via your IP. Aussie pirates, :o :o :o must be something to do with our ancestry, hide their IP's, to carry out Pirate downloads. %% %% %%
Even out illustrious leader, AKA Martin and site, logs our IP's. O0 O0
Gunna build those other boats one day.

Akira

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2016, 12:10:20 am »

One could always use Tor as a browser to avoid some of these issues.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 21 queries.