Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Revell 1/24 London bus  (Read 2407 times)

kpnuts

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Revell 1/24 London bus
« on: August 15, 2016, 08:43:16 pm »

Hi all my daughter bought me this kit for Christmas, I didn't really know what to do with it at the time (those who know me know I hardly ever do out of the box) I had I quick look in the box and made all the right noises at the time, I've had a few ideas of what to do with it and I had an idea I would do it as a sightseeing bus and cut the roof off and light it up so tonight I opened the box for a look at what would be involved, I have to say it was quite a shock, there are so many parts and it looks so complex, even to build oob without doing anything else to it. It's back in the box and in the stash till I feel more able to tackle it, it truly looks like a great kit though, no flash at all that I can see and very crisp detail.

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Revell 1/24 London bus
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 08:48:43 pm »

I also have this model.   It was bought partly to scale up and reproduce as an R/C version.

I started on the revel construction and although it does seem complicated, is actually quite easy if you progress slowly.  Mine is unfinished as I acquired all the information I needed as I went along.  I used  MEK as the joining liquid as it sticks in under 5 mins.

Hope this encourages you.

ken
Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

kpnuts

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 08:21:15 pm »

Hi all I was in Hunstanton over the weekend and nipped into the LMS and spied this (among other things) and had an idea for the most ambitious diorama I've ever tried I won't be starting it till I've finished a few I have on the go at the moment, here's the plan.

I've just bought revells 1/24 4.5 litre Bentley.

I'm now going to get a 1/24 taxi a mini,an E Type jaguar and a Roller I'm going to put them with the bus on a Base with one of the London stations and maybe a phone box and a PO box (depends on whether I can find a 60s pic of one of the stations with a phone box or PO box in the pic.

As I said my most ambitious idea to date and it will mean destroying some of my completed dios as I won't have room for them, I've a lot of things to collect first and a lot of research to do, then plan out make it as small as I can and still be believable.

Luckily London has always been packed with vehicles nose to tail and of course I can use both lanes going and coming, lots to think about, I'm figuring a start maybe October.

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 10:24:46 pm »

I bought the bus kit with the intention to convert it into a mobile cafe with opening side and full interior but it never got beyond the chassis being partially assembled. I agree with you that it is a busy kit but think that with a little planning and sub assembly work, you would make a great job of it.

Pond weed is your enemy

raflaunches

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • The Penguins are coming!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2016, 11:29:53 pm »

My very good friend Amanda built this kit a few years ago after her husband bought it for her for Christmas. Here are some pictures of her work, she said that the London Museum decal was the worst to fit and requires cutting into three parts.

http://www.arcauto.com/Gal01/201-300/gal206-Bus-Jones/00.shtm
Nick B

Help! The penguins have stolen my sanity, and my hot water bottle!

Illegitimi non carborundum!

kpnuts

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 06:48:39 am »

Very nice model great finish and scratch building.

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 07:17:21 pm »

My very good friend Amanda built this kit a few years ago after her husband bought it for her for Christmas. Here are some pictures of her work, she said that the London Museum decal was the worst to fit and requires cutting into three parts.

http://www.arcauto.com/Gal01/201-300/gal206-Bus-Jones/00.shtm

A beautiful model and its builder is very attractive as well. I liked the idea about dulling the seats down as they must get a bit grey from the dirt and periodic cleaning.
Pond weed is your enemy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 21 queries.