Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A fresh start for an old girl  (Read 2230 times)

verithingeoff

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
    • Hofner Verithin Guitars
A fresh start for an old girl
« on: August 27, 2016, 09:24:09 am »

I've read hundreds of threads since joining the mayhem, a comment in one of them said this:
Saving an old model boat is saving the soul of model boating!!!Building a boat from an old plan is second.I have done the second one, working on the first.Third is finding old plans and saving these to digital PDF to save them from being lost to time.Who has the plans of an original plan of an Aerokits Seahawk, Starfish Sea Queen????

The first line rang the old bells for me

7 years ago I bought a nameless steam powered launch about 1M in length. Had some suggestions of an old gentlemans launch from the turn of the 18th 19th centuries about it. I stripped it down and made a bit of progress, but other things go in the way.

About 6 months ago I pulled it out from the store and restarted the project, only my second boat, I'm mostly a steam engine sort of bloke.
Enough waffle, here's a few pics. I tend to make rebuild threads in sections as there are loads of pictures.

The hull:

I've made a change to the boiler as the one that came with the boat didn't really suit the style, more of that later.....enjoy!
Growing old disgracefully in Queensland
http://modelandtoysteamforum.myfineforum.org/

canabus

• Full Mayhemer
  • Boats a hole in the water you pour money into!!!
Re: A fresh start for an old girl
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 10:15:44 am »

Hi Mate

I think that was me!!!
Ewe are on the same wave length as me!!!!
Working on the first(an old IC Japanese Northwind(looks like the wing from a jet fighter)).
Done the second, an Aerokits Sea Hornet from the original plans.
My mate required help with a brushless motor setup for his Swordsman(it's still getting built after 40 years(it's in paint finally).
So I PDF his two plans, the Sea Hornet and Swordsman, also have the Sea Rover.
Also bought a Jotika Sea Commander with plans.

I am looking to save old boat plans like ewe.

Canabus

Tassie Tiger
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 21 queries.