The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Navy - Military - Battleships:

RAF HSL whaleback in 1/16th

<< < (46/47) > >>

tghsmith:
parts milled and drilled to reduce weight.. center engine put together and giving a primer coat.. the out board engines will cover the model's universals and motor mounts  so the will have to removable for service, think I have a mounting method..

tghsmith:
engine room details about completed, a new better bow fairlead made, deck numbers given the black borders..

ScottW:
As others have already said, lots of things to take note of in this build. Definitely not a three afternoons project! Figures add much to the boat.Large numbers give much visual interest.

tghsmith:
thanks, it's fun to work with some colors besides buff,white and grey..  fitting mounting has started from the bow, (before I loose anymore) almost all of the fitting work is complete, except for glazing the windws and making the clearview circle rings.. a few deck mounted ammo boxes need to be made along with the weaving and splicing of the scramble nets..  figures do bring a model to life, (I have bags of 1/96th figures that I need to paint for my 1890s warships)

tghsmith:
getting the wheelhouse windows in, made the voicetube for the skipper, lots of fittings getting mounted,, things getting painted..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version