Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pets are a worry  (Read 7009 times)

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Pets are a worry
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2016, 11:12:42 am »

Had the idea was a Dachsund some where in there, my favourite breed of dog, but also more of the chewie, similar looking facially but the dachs got the longer nose, interesting fact of dachs is I believe they decended from the Manchester, as is the Doberman, the Manchester is a quarter scale whippet looking ratter, where the dachs got its good looks from  :} 
Operational - 1/72 LCMIII, 1/180 Sovereign, HMS Victory to be sailed
Non Operational - 1/72 Corvette, 1/72 E-Boat, 1/72 vosper mtb
incomplete, tug, cardboard castle class convert

Jerry C

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2016, 04:49:25 pm »

I heard there are paintings of Dachshunds in the pyramids. We lost both of ours this year. Both long haired standards. The old one (16) reached the end blind, deaf, semi paralysed rear end and senile. We had her euthanised. The younger one 12 and fit as a fiddle was off her food over the weekend, took her to the vet Monday morning, blood test showed massive white cell count and vertually nil red cells. She died before they could start a transfusion. Sad year. We still have our 6 year old shitzu/ Rottweiler cross. She's the double of chewbacca in Star Wars.

Jerry.

dodes

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2016, 06:25:16 pm »

Dachs are a tough breed, bred to hunt Badgers originally. My wife wanted a Bearded Collie, but at the time could not find any pups in reasonable travelling distance, so she settled for a Tibetan Terrier. An boy is it yappy, was not till after we had him that I found out that they are not true terriers but small long haired watch dogs. He may be stubborn etc, but he cost me £1500 early this year, he had a bad hernia between his legs, the vet said it was due to him producing too much testosterone, it was rotting the muscle away, so he opened him up and utilised another less used muscle, but he had to be castrated to stop the repair and other muscles being rotted out. Now I can let him of the lead on walks without him running off after bitches, but wow has he put on weight, now we are all on a diet.

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2016, 07:01:26 pm »

First ever dachs was a standard short hair when I was a child, till someone knocked at the door, and being locked in the kitchen chewed his way through the door, that's when I was 5, was given to a butcher apparently  {:-{  (may have been a joke on my parents part), all the others till currently have been short haired minitures, half reds and the remainder black and tans.

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2016, 07:02:09 pm »

oh - and yes it occurs to the smaller ones as well, the rear end going.

frazer heslop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2016, 09:08:03 pm »

After 15 years without a wee dog We got another to help me overcome health problems as in getting my lazy backside out walking again
The only problem is by the time she is tired Im totally worn out and get no shop time :-)  They did tell me Borders are energetic now our lass wants another %)

cheers

kpnuts

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2016, 10:26:29 pm »

Looks like a sweetie.

frazer heslop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2016, 10:37:41 pm »

Oh she is a real sweety unless youre a rabbit or a squiggle,and rats are another story :-) didnt even know we had a few hump back visitors in an outbuilding till she cleared them.I have to be careful as we have a dog fox knocking about and she hates him with a vengance .I guess no matter what I do I will never take away her working heritage, She is a soft as a brush and loves people and other dogs but will stand her ground when pushed.
If Im playing on the lathe or computer she starts talking when she thinks Iv had enough play time :-) and even decides when its my bed time like now :-) 
They are great friends but sadly they leave to early

cheers
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 22 queries.