Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: brushless esc  (Read 2417 times)

MadMax

• Full Mayhemer
brushless esc
« on: September 05, 2016, 06:11:51 pm »

hi all
      can anybody help with my problem........i have 2 turnigy d3536 1250 kv motors that i want to use in
      hooben perkasa but i dont know what esc to use ......it must have reverse .....if any one can advise
      i would be gratefull
                                                                    hopeing

steamboat66

• Full Mayhemer
  • maybe it will float!
Re: brushless esc
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 06:41:25 pm »

hobbyking have both water cooled and air cooled ESCs under their own brand for very modest cost. i don't know how good they are, i haven't tried them.

canabus

• Full Mayhemer
  • Boats a hole in the water you pour money into!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 11:16:16 am »

Hi Mad Max
I use the Hobbyking car ESC's with reverse( part No. HK-45A, HK-60ASL and HK-100A)  with the same programming card for all.
I have not had a problem with these or the motors I have bought from Hobbyking.
Canabus

Glyn Roberts

• Full Mayhemer
  • Creativity is contagious, pass it on.
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 03:53:53 pm »

Hi Madmax,

This unit will handle your motors http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__91916__HobbyKing_50A_Boat_ESC_4A_UBEC_EU_Warehouse_.html
I use it with my sk3 turnigy 3635 1400 kv motors and it has reverse that can be programed using the hobbyking program card.

The only drawback is that hobbyking UK does not have them in stock so will have to use the EU warehouse and they always seem to keep me waiting.  I am waiting right now for a pair of the 50A esc to come from the Netherlands.      Best of luck.

Regards Glyn

red181

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2016, 12:03:51 am »

http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/store/__67040__HobbyKing_50A_Boat_ESC_4A_UBEC.html

specifically made for a boat with enclosed hull in mind. Most cheaper boat esc don't have any or efficient cooling, so they have water cooling such as this. Ok, from international warehouse so check the postage

The 30a version is available from UK warehouse, so your amp draw will be determined taking into account the props and voltage. I would go the 50a route, nothing wrong with plenty of amperage headroom, so find out what else you need and make use of the postage charge.

I have used a number of these, easy to programme using the transmitter, once you get used to the tones

By the way, its one esc per motor, incase you didn't know, and they are reversing, with a  nice touch that you can limit the speed in reverse, so you don't accidentally slam full throttle reverse by accident!

canabus

• Full Mayhemer
  • Boats a hole in the water you pour money into!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2016, 11:56:56 am »

I checked the UK Warehouse has Hobbyking car ESC in stock.
The 45A only handles 2-3S batteries, but, the 60A handles 2-4S batteries.
These both have a cooling fan, so cooling is no problem.
Both use the same program card.

In my post on modelboats forum under Sea Hornet 2015 is the setup I use on all my cars and boats.
Reverse set to 25%.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 21 queries.